Cyclists and C19 .

Stubby

Riding my (motor) bike last night I came up behind a pair of horse riders from the local hunt stables. They were riding two abreast and refused to move to let me past. I got the evil eye just for being a motorcyclist and the outside rider turned his horse sideways to block my way past them while staring at me like I'd raped his grandmother. 

My bike isn't excessively noisy and I wasn't speeding when I encountered them. The road was straight with good visibility and I was attempting to pass them at very slow speed in first gear. Doing everything right, but it wasn't good enough and they obviously just hate bikes. 
Well fuck em. I hope the next time I see them I'm riding my Ducati because the noise of that thing shakes the earth. I'll give it a fistful on the way past and it they get thrown and break their fat ignorant necks, so much the better. Cunts. 

Typical hunt attitude they told me I shouldn't have been allowed to buy my wood. Arrogant ignorant barstewards.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 22/05/2020 at 08:16, Gimlet said:

Riding my (motor) bike last night I came up behind a pair of horse riders from the local hunt stables. They were riding two abreast and refused to move to let me past. I got the evil eye just for being a motorcyclist and the outside rider turned his horse sideways to block my way past them while staring at me like I'd raped his grandmother. 

My bike isn't excessively noisy and I wasn't speeding when I encountered them. The road was straight with good visibility and I was attempting to pass them at very slow speed in first gear. Doing everything right, but it wasn't good enough and they obviously just hate bikes. 

Well fuck em. I hope the next time I see them I'm riding my Ducati because the noise of that thing shakes the earth. I'll give it a fistful on the way past and it they get thrown and break their fat ignorant necks, so much the better. 

The only cunt in that situation, would be you. 

Edited by John Shutler
language
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, deezyboy said:

The only in that situation, would be you. 

Someone tell me why swearing is tolerated by mods on arbtalk?

Dont get me wrong. Swearing's good.

Like the saying goes:

"Those who can do, those who cant 

Edited by John Shutler
language

13 minutes ago, Sutton said:

Someone tell me why swearing is tolerated by mods on arbtalk?

Dont get me wrong. Swearing's good.

Like the saying goes:

"Those who can do, those who cant cunt"

Presumably primarily because there's no filter on the forum. As a Mod on another forum, much hilarity, exasperation and debate came from what was/wasn't, should/shouldn't be tolerated. 

Secondary reason: Because we're all big, robust, grown up unshockable outdoorsy types? ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Rough Hewn said:

I get done for swearing on here.
But only cos the moderator is a ****

Are you unable to string a sentence together without using expletives? if you can’t i feel terribly sorry for you. 

infact, if your so offended by having you foul language moderated maybe you should find another forum to ‘contribute’ to? 

There was a no swearing policy that was pretty much upheld for a long time. The change in server removed a filter and now it seems to be fairly common place. No entirely sure its necessary.

Anyone who has spent more than 10 minutes with me in the right situation will know that I'm prone to a few expletives. When you have to type them out, it becomes a bit redundant and pointless. That's not to say I've not slipped and done so myself.

There is a difference between how you talk on the shop floor, in here and in a customer's garden. Although maybe there isn't. I know I wouldnt be shouting swear words from the top of a tree in a garden. Maybe some would.

What do I know though.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, John Shutler said:

Are you unable to string a sentence together without using expletives? if you can’t i feel terribly sorry for you. 

infact, if your so offended by having you foul language moderated maybe you should find another forum to ‘contribute’ to? 

Can you PM an estimate for a day's hire of your big drum chipper? It's the last of our eucalyptus logs. Over 100. 3-5 mtr lengths. 30cm dia max. Thanks

On 21/05/2020 at 22:41, Silverhooker said:

The BSC (braying ski Cnut ) was out doing his recycling in his Lycra, nearly lost my shit with laughter. He was still wearing his £200 cycling shoes too, they match his £3000 carbon fibre bike don’t you know, well yes I do cos the BSC never stops fucking telling me . I will never be able to look at him again without laughing. Cheers Kriss you’ve made my week ! 

You are welcome as ever, shall now cycle down t' corner shop in my Doc Martens n cut off jeans on my Dutch Front n Bach, with full wicker that would please Miss Marple immensely, just in case I need to kick one of those B.S.C up the arse fr not social distancing.  You can be assured Mr@Stubby I will be wearing my best Tilley for the jaunt. ( facial recognition - you can't be too careful now. ) 

K

• Like 1
  • Haha 1