Cyclists and C19 .

Stubby

10 minutes ago, Gimlet said:

That is an MZ.

Off track a bit but current circumstances aside ?‍♂️if anyone is ever in Berlin check out the DDR motorcycle museum near Alexanderplatz, not just the Chinese whom were good at copying stuff. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big J said:

I had a long reply. The mouse fell off the chair, closed the window and I lost it. 

In short. I love being outdoors, I dislike cities, I hate mounted hunting. I dislike the English countryside and I'm at my wits end with the UK if I'm being honest. 

I apologise for the brevity, but there is little in life that is so frustrating as to spend 15 minutes typing a reply to have it vanish in an instant.

If you dislike the uk so much what you doing here?as for the English countryside i,m born and bred in it and wouldn,t want to be anywhere else to be honest,plus i earn my living in it,if its so bad for ya do summat about it

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, difflock said:

Ditto!, as in "ye wee bism"

I now need to investigate the etymology o it!

I kin only presume it is a corruption of "besom", see link;

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

Find great deals for 1 x Genuine Full Sized Besom Broom for Witchcraft. Wicca. Pagan. Wedding BNew . Shop with confidence on eBay!

Saw an episode of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire this week and one question was what is a besom. 

Contestant got it wrong even with 50:50, phone a friend (who didn't know) and ask the audience (who also got it wrong, and it was after 50:50)

I couldn't believe it.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Big J said:

I completely understand and support the need to control populations of various animals in the countryside. In my line of work that's principally squirrels and deer. I object however to mounted hunts. I find them to be arrogant, anachronistic institutions that have little to do with pest control, and more about the continuation of contentious and distasteful traditions. 

it might of been a stag hunt  and you say that you support the control of deer 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Big J said:

I apologise for the brevity, but there is little in life that is so frustrating as to spend 15 minutes typing a reply to have it vanish in an instant.

Phew ! We got off lightly then J ☺️

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, daveatdave said:

it might of been a stag hunt  and you say that you support the control of deer 

I wouldn't have thought so. I am not aware of red deer being present in that valley.

56 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Phew ! We got off lightly then J ☺️

It was very articulate, but a bit ranty. Probably best I lost the post! ?

14 hours ago, Big J said:

I completely understand and support the need to control populations of various animals in the countryside. In my line of work that's principally squirrels and deer. I object however to mounted hunts. I find them to be arrogant, anachronistic institutions that have little to do with pest control, and more about the continuation of contentious and distasteful traditions. 

lets get to the bottom of it, you don't like the folk who partake in mounted hunts, if their hounds weren't killing foxes the terrier lads would be on it anyway. My only objection is blocking bolt holes. Do you have anything to do with people who keep livestock?

• Like 3