Advice Needed - Conifer Removal

JessTrees

Good morning all. 

I recently enquired about having this leylandii removed. Because of its close proximity to the building and fear of falling during the high winds.

I received a quote so far for £1,000. To fell to stump and remove all debris. Seems a little expensive to me.

I am based in the East Midlands, could you help me to identify the going rate for such a job so that I can determine whether the quote is high end or low. What would you quote me to remove? TIA

4AA0881A-0E4D-4106-A538-05DB29BAA361.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JessTrees said:

Good morning all. 

I recently enquired about having this leylandii removed. Because of its close proximity to the building and fear of falling during the high winds.

I received a quote so far for £1,000. To fell to stump and remove all debris. Seems a little expensive to me.

I am based in the East Midlands, could you help me to identify the going rate for such a job so that I can determine whether the quote is high end or low. What would you quote me to remove? TIA

morn jess,theirs a lot more to consider here than just the :size: of that tree,the amount of waste to be chipped,acces to the road, riggn,etc,it all adds my friend, price sounds about right.

Fear of falling in high winds is not a valid reason for the removal of this tree.

That said, large trees with targets should be inspected on a 'reasonable' frequency by a suitable qualified and insured expert.

Not wishing to go into tree dymamics etc. its a large fluffy fuzz ball, which birds love to spend time in, as its a safe sheltered environment for them.

Looking at the neighbourhood,  it looks like keeping all trees possible would benefit the local community. 

Edited by arboriculturist
  • Like 6

9 hours ago, JessTrees said:

Good morning all. 

If it fell " during the high winds " it would brush the brick dust off the building . I am not a fan of conifers in a domestic situation but , as said its somewhere safe and warm for birds .

• Like 1

first of all it is not a big tree ? looks to be 25-30ft max so not big at all, it looks like it would just fell out thats if there is no phone lines going across to the building, no rigging or lowering  so £1000 way to much, ok i would do it for that by all means but a more sensible and fair price i would say £450-£550 2/3 men chipper truck etc, easy mornings work then another job or 2 in the afternoon,

• Like 2