Paying off Finance with bounce back loan?

benedmonds

34 minutes ago, Rob D said:

image.png.72893ec472b905909e7400851e635d6b.png

From what I gather this is the CEO a Rupert Soames - not doing badly for himself:

image.png.f966707d5738c765024f9bbad0d29473.png

Glad to see things are back on track Rupert - good show!

image.png.ab92ce285a6713082ae3c3f19ca60983.png

image.png

His brother was similarly useless for the MoD, i recall  🤔 K

Not looked at this... - I'm sticking to the £22 billion that seems to have directly en riched people that are associated with the gov and linked to COVID as with that it seems clear that there is a much higher level of hypocrisy present.

Fair enough, I share your outrage. Just think how much better it would have been if some of that wasted £22Bn had been spent on supporting people unable to work due to Covid 19, either due to having lost their jobs or having to take time off to self isolate.
Have a look into HS2 when you get a minute. I'm sure you'll be equally appalled. To add insult to injury that one is also an environmental disaster as well as a waste of public money.

4 minutes ago, sime42 said:

Fair enough, I share your outrage. Just think how much better it would have been if some of that wasted £22Bn had been spent on supporting people unable to work due to Covid 19, either due to having lost their jobs or having to take time off to self isolate.
Have a look into HS2 when you get a minute. I'm sure you'll be equally appalled. To add insult to injury that one is also an environmental disaster as well as a waste of public money.

All to get people on their commute into work quicker which now isn't happening because of covid and I think a large percentage of people will be working from home moving forward. Imagine all the companies that due to covid have had to invest in remote access systems and effectively "bit the bullet" in getting their staff working from home. I think a lot of companies will have seen the light now and will have a large majority of staff working from home and downsize their offices. 

• Like 2

@sime42  all the HS2 costing and planning, like Crossrail, was based on figures before Covid, there is no financial basis now, for completing or even continuing with those projects, 15% or so currently being used, of the usable capacity, will never justify  it. K
So why the hell hadn't Boris stopped it then?
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, sime42 said:
12 minutes ago, Khriss said:
@sime42  all the HS2 costing and planning, like Crossrail, was based on figures before Covid, there is no financial basis now, for completing or even continuing with those projects, 15% or so currently being used, of the usable capacity, will never justify  it. K

Probably because of the amount of jobs it creates both directly and indirectly through contracts etc. He/the conservatives don't want to be the ones to directly put thousands of people out of work, hundreds of companies out of work and also admit that it's a financial disaster. It would be a PR headache for them, the heat is off HS2 now that it's going ahead and corona has made most people forget about it, why would they want to bring that up again. 

9 minutes ago, sime42 said:
15 minutes ago, Khriss said:

Cos TfL is Sadiques baby, an Boris wants him to look as crap as possible.  Politics  😳  ( with our cashmonies) k