Paying off Finance with bounce back loan?

benedmonds

6 hours ago, Paddy1000111 said:

WWW.ONS.GOV.UK

Provisional counts of the number of deaths registered in England and Wales, by age, sex and region, in the latest...

Most of the people filling up NHS ICU wards with covid are extremely elderly, with lots of underlying conditions that all need extended care/therapy. The NHS running out of space is extremely worrying. I don't want to be "that guy" but we really need to lock up the elderly (75+) and not allow people to bubble up with them and visit them. My worry is the NHS is going to be overwhelmed with elderly bed blockers that mean someone who's say 35 can't get the help they need. Most people in the UK are already on a tight budget, take a family who has two kids, both parents work to pay for the mortgage and the unbelievable amount of bills. Suddenly the 35 year old husband gets covid as he has to be out working and takes badly to it but is unable to get the care he needs because the ICU wards are underfunded, they don't have enough beds, they don't have enough staff and they don't have enough equipment and he dies. That's 2 kids growing up without their dad and a wife who's left alone looking after the family and trying to pay all the bills by herself. All that because someone thought they need to regularly see their parents/grandparents. Don't try and tell me it's not the elderly that are the issue, if it effected everyone the same we wouldn't be just vaccinating the over 70's. 

There's been a huge liberal salt bath over the comments of Lord Sumption on "The Big Question" (or what ever it is) on Sunday morning.

WWW.MYLONDON.NEWS

The Good Morning Britain host questioned whether Lord Sumption would have let Sir Captain Tom Moore die

Is one life worth more than another?  Yes of course it is and the point he was making was perfectly valid and entirely appropriate to the discussion in which it was presented.  

As ever, media ego-trippers are trying to sensationalise and scandalise the comments which where entirely sensible and the kind of logical thinking needed to haul us through this shitstorm of our own making.

Come on, really, who actually believes all human life is equal?  I'd sacrifice my life for that of my wife and daughter.  It makes perfect sense, I'm the oldest and I've pretty much kicked the ass out this body on the way.  No money back refund required. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Someone told me this the other day 'Track and Trace system cost £22 billion. 'Yeh right' I said no way they could have done that... but it seems true. Please tell me it isn't!

From a brief look there are 300,000 registered nurses in the UK - so take that number and multiply by let's say £35k for the year = £10.5 billion.

So this is TWICE as much as the entire registered UK nurse payroll for the entire year?! That's insane isn't it!

Feel free to dispute the above figures as would like to be proved wrong.

The-UK-governments-Covid-contact-tracing-app-launches-in-England-and-Wales-1276400537-scaled.jpg WWW.CITYAM.COM
The UK’s spending watchdog has urged ministers to “stop throwing money” at NHS Test and Trace, after the...  

T and T was another shameful waste of money for sure. The worst thing was that it barely worked, if at all; look at the mess we're in now. To claim that it was "World Beating" is embarrassing.
It might have been a tiny bit worthwhile at the end of the day though and the waste of money is far overshadowed by the cost of HS2. At an estimated cost approaching £80 billion that really is a criminal waste of money that could've been better spent in any number of ways to avoid this health and economic disaster that we'll now be living with for decades to come. It's just a stupidly expensive way to further destroy our fragile environment.
This government care not at all for people nor planet. As long as they can feather the cosy nests of themselves and their little friends that's all that matters.

WWW.INSTITUTEFORGOVERNMENT.ORG.UK

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

There's been a huge liberal salt bath over the comments of Lord Sumption on "The Big Question" (or what ever it is) on Sunday morning.

WWW.MYLONDON.NEWS

The Good Morning Britain host questioned whether Lord Sumption would have let Sir Captain Tom Moore die

Is one life worth more than another?  Yes of course it is and the point he was making was perfectly valid and entirely appropriate to the discussion in which it was presented.  

As ever, media ego-trippers are trying to sensationalise and scandalise the comments which where entirely sensible and the kind of logical thinking needed to haul us through this shitstorm of our own making.

Come on, really, who actually believes all human life is equal?  I'd sacrifice my life for that of my wife and daughter.  It makes perfect sense, I'm the oldest and I've pretty much kicked the ass out this body on the way.  No money back refund required. 

I also find it fascinating how someone's life is worth a different financial value than a theoretical value. 

Take a 3 person household. Parents and child, Mum doesn't work and looks after the kid, dad provides for the family and the kid is, well, a kid. The highest monetary value life is the father as he's paying all the bills and providing for the family. If a life insurance assessor valued him it would be quite high. 

On the other hand, if we had the 3 people on a train track scenario and you could only save one, you would most likely choose the child.

3 minutes ago, Paddy1000111 said:

I also find it fascinating how someone's life is worth a different financial value than a theoretical value. 

Take a 3 person household. Parents and child, Mum doesn't work and looks after the kid, dad provides for the family and the kid is, well, a kid. The highest monetary value life is the father as he's paying all the bills and providing for the family. If a life insurance assessor valued him it would be quite high. 

On the other hand, if we had the 3 people on a train track scenario and you could only save one, you would most likely choose the child.

Sentimentality and emotion gets in the way of logic with humans.
I’ve heard if bears are starving they will eat their young, the mum can always have more Cubs but the Cubs would die if the mum starved. That’s logical, cold and harsh but necessary for continuation of a species.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Paddy1000111 said:

3 minutes ago, Matthew Storrs said:

Sentimentality and emotion gets in the way of logic with humans.
I’ve heard if bears are starving they will eat their young, the mum can always have more Cubs but the Cubs would die if the mum starved. That’s logical, cold and harsh but necessary for continuation of a species.

Well, I guess it’s an inevitability that some threads may just stray a smidge off track.....

😂

Surely weme pushing the boundaries with this one 😂

• Haha 4

Yep but £22 billion we're talking here - the £35k per annum for nurses was a rough estimate [got online!].

But £22 frigging billion!! It's a staggering amount of money and for what? I mean how many people can you feed and home for that cash! And this is only only the track and trace - what about the rest of 'it'!

I'm going to stay stuck on it for a while - I don't get why this is not all over the news every day - no way that money has gone to legitimate contractors...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rob D said:

Yep but £22 billion we're talking here - the £35k per annum for nurses was a rough estimate [got online!].

But £22 frigging billion!! It's a staggering amount of money and for what? I mean how many people can you feed and home for that cash! And this is only only the track and trace - what about the rest of 'it'!

I'm going to stay stuck on it for a while - I don't get why this is not all over the news every day - no way that money has gone to legitimate contractors...

It does seem ridiculous.

My feeling is because the PM did his usual mouthing off in advance (it'll be world beating etc), the government threw money at it in the hope of achieving the promise.

Meanwhile they tell us things with a smaller cost like kids meals, homelessness, the benefit uplift (£20 per week!) are unaffordable.

• Like 4