ULEZ

AngrySquirrel

33 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

I'd like to know who burns logs on narrowboats,

We did and there was often a wisp of blue from the chimney, it was the owner's chief exercise foraging wood with my old silky.

Also I'd say the engines tended to be a bit smoky compared with cars.

I never considered it particularly significant but then we were mostly nowhere near towns.

18 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

We did and there was often a wisp of blue from the chimney, it was the owner's chief exercise foraging wood with my old silky.

Also I'd say the engines tended to be a bit smoky compared with cars.

I never considered it particularly significant but then we were mostly nowhere near towns.

Yes, I too used to collect logs along the way, I burnt much more coal mind

There is only a couple of reasons to be in town on a narrowboat, you can't go any other way, or you're running short of beer.

ULEZ london is topical to me as I'll be 'engulfed' by it when it expands. There is a decent scrappage scheme for vans upto 3500kg as well as cars - I have used it for one of my vehicles and well as buying a euro6 7.5t tipper. Worth looking into if the ULEZ impacts you.

The only thing that will delay ULEZ is COVID19 and TFL's ability to get all the cameras and infrastructure built. I reckon it'll be 2022 or 2023. 

Something a lot of people don't seem to be aware of is the higher standards the LEZ (so everywhere inside the M25) change to October this year.     

Additionally the LEZ and ULEZ will apply to engineering plant as well; so 3cx, cranes, vehicle mounted Mewps etc. Far less exemptions from October 2020.

Edited by richy_B
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, Khriss said:

Tf L will be lucky if they are even in business by end of Summer 2020 . Just the wad to install software will be beyond them - never mind the administration cost . K

I think you're right. They are going to have a massive hit. Despite this they won't scrap ULEZ, just kick it down the field. 2 or 3 years is my guess for ULEZ expansion. The LEZ increased criteria is much easier, no infrastructure changes - just the number plates. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

For those esp that run into/through london sneaky butt wipes at Tossers for London have a one line sneakily tucked away about public consultation which ends today so get on TFL website and fill in!

won't be long before won't be able to move/go back forward or anywhere unless on a bicycle which they'd be knocking each other over!

won't be long before won't be able to move/go back forward or anywhere unless on a bicycle which they'd be knocking each other over!

Bike pulling lecky trailers with 150kg bio waste by beardy hipsters maybe will be normal in future ?

Edited by Stere
  • Like 2