Brian James tipper trailer, good or bad?

The dogwalker

1 hour ago, The dogwalker said:

Problem "solved" 

Just got a call from the mechanic at whom I left the trailer for trouble shooting this morning.

There was a severe shortcut in the electric engine so there will be no more tipping until a new engine is in place.

I hope the tax authorities does´nt discover that I get free excersise by shoveling chips for a few weeks now, Then I would most likely get some kind of tax increase because of free benefits... ?

Is that a warranty item?

1 minute ago, dig-dug-dan said:

Is that a warranty item?

I would say a straigth yes but since it´s not replaced yet I stick witch "it must be" The trailer is brand new, got it a week ago and it broke down when I was about to tipp the second load ever with that trailer.

I see no other reason to the fault other than some kind of factory failure, Dont know if it was when mounted at the trailer facory or wherever they manufacture the electric/hyraulic system.

16 minutes ago, The dogwalker said:

I would say a straigth yes but since it´s not replaced yet I stick witch "it must be" The trailer is brand new, got it a week ago and it broke down when I was about to tipp the second load ever with that trailer.

I see no other reason to the fault other than some kind of factory failure, Dont know if it was when mounted at the trailer facory or wherever they manufacture the electric/hyraulic system.

Oh no questions asked. That's warranty!

3 hours ago, The dogwalker said:

Problem "solved" 

Just got a call from the mechanic at whom I left the trailer for trouble shooting this morning.

There was a severe shortcut in the electric engine so there will be no more tipping until a new engine is in place.

I hope the tax authorities does´nt discover that I get free excersise by shoveling chips for a few weeks now, Then I would most likely get some kind of tax increase because of free benefits... ?

On a brand new trailer? What has the dealer got to say about it? Surely they have a new pump mechanism on the shelf, it should only take half an hour to fit. If not, have they got a trailer you can use until it is fixed? 

Just now, monkeybusiness said:

On a brand new trailer? What has the dealer got to say about it? Surely they have a new pump mechanism on the shelf, it should only take half an hour to fit. If not, have they got a trailer you can use until it is fixed? 

Yes, On a brand new trailer. I´m not surprised, not because of the brand but because shit happens. Especially to man made stuff. 

The dealer (Who is the Swedish BJ agent) does´nt have a new engine on shelf but has promissed to put heat on Brian James to get one as fast as possible. Even if they would have had one on shelf, there would still be som down time since Brian James is a fairly rare brand in Sweden, there is only about four dealers in a country thats 2000 kilometers long country. My closest dealer is 3,5 hours away from me so parts will be shipped and replaced by someone local.

I guess this also replys the question about a trailer to be used in the meantime.

I´ve always said that no brand is better then how they handle warranty issues. We will know in a week or two ?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, monkeybusiness said:

Very pragmatic outlook, good stuff! 
To be fair to Brian James they will only buy those pumps in, they don’t make them. 
(I still think you should have bought an Ifor Williams though!). This thread has done nothing to improve my view of Brian James... 

They definitly do. A question thats gone thru my mind today and I really want to know) is: Do Brian James and Ifor Williams use the same manufacturer of hydraulics? 

My choise of brand was fairly easy. Two manufacturers who makes similar products in what appears to be the same quality and a reseller had a brand new 2019 trailer at a price about 2000 GBP lower than an Ifor w with similar equipment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, monkeybusiness said:

Very pragmatic outlook, good stuff! 
To be fair to Brian James they will only buy those pumps in, they don’t make them. 
(I still think you should have bought an Ifor Williams though!). This thread has done nothing to improve my view of Brian James... 

Why should he have brought an ifor?

21 minutes ago, dig-dug-dan said:

Why should he have brought an ifor?

Because Brian James are shit in my experience. But not £2k shitter, so he bought the right trailer!

@The dogwalker - are there any locally made equivalents or have the British cornered the market over there? An Ifor dealer over here reckons they sell a lot in Europe as they are cheap compared to what’s available on the continent.