I'll never use echo again

Hanz-on

There looks a lot of wear on that stud to say it screws into a plastic chassis. It must have been spinning free for some time to wear out like that. It does look like it's had some abuse and I don't mean verbal after it bit you. :D

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, peatff said:

There looks a lot of wear on that stud to say it screws into a plastic chassis. It must have been spinning free for some time to wear out like that. It does look like it's had some abuse and I don't mean verbal after it bit you. :D

It has been said that I'm heavy handed but Its definitely all the saws fault and not mine and anybody who disagrees is wrong.... obviously I never ever got it stuck in a cut or pulled it out of said cut....honest guv 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Paul in the woods said:

This might be worth a read if anyone else has a problem.

Yeah I saw that's as soon as he said his mod leaked fuel and the new bar studs were working their way out I started looking for a new saw. I used to like tinkering with my kit now I just want it to work spot on all the time no tinkering 

4 minutes ago, Hanz-on said:

It has been said that I'm heavy handed but Its definitely all the saws fault and not mine and anybody who disagrees is wrong.... obviously I never ever got it stuck in a cut or pulled it out of said cut....honest guv 

It is a known issue on some CS2511 TES saws.  I spoke at length to Echo UK about it. 

They treated me fair and fixed it for me (read my long tale about it).  I can understand Hanz-on being pished off by it and buying a different brand.  In my case Echo fixed it and it's been fine ever since so it saved me a few hundred quid as i didn't need to buy another climbing saw.

In fact Echo looked after me extremely well when i had an issue with one of the early CS360 TES climbing saws and again with my 2511 even when it had run out of warranty and needed some work doing to it.

Last year i bought a second CS2511 TES as i found a brand new one still in it's box for a steal.  The Echo warranty is excellent in my experience and they have been good to me. in fairness to Hanz he admitted it was a knee jerk reaction to sell it on and buy a new stihl 151T.

Some of their kit i don't like (CS280 TES) so i buy a mixture of stihl, husky and echo to suit my needs. I am not loyal to any one brand. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Mark_Skyland said:

Dont worry, I have seen many a Friday machine while carrying out pre delivery inspections , I was just saying that it isnt a known issue i.e it isnt a common problem.

Mark it is a known problem and has been for over 12 months.  I had lengthy discussions with an excellent echo rep. about it. 

• Like 1

On 05/05/2020 at 20:15, Hanz-on said:

.... Plus it allows hours of fun ripping you a new arsehole online whilst bored at home an  looking at a shed full of old saws to fix  ( which you now can't get parts delivered cos C19 ) whilst waiting for WineOclock,  followed by an evening knocking one out to that old Vera  Lynne album you got in charity shop, in yr kipper smelling slippers   ? K

Edited by Khriss
( think i covered 90% of Arbtalkers there in one post !

( an canal barges are shit - there , 95% !!!) 

Edited by Khriss
An not having a pop at YR slippers Mr @Stubby as am assured you get fresh ones every year wether you need them or not ?

1 hour ago, PeteB said:

Back in the day, (maybe 30 years ago) I had a couple of twin cylinder Echo saws. They were good! Thirsty but by god, they cut cut!

First Echo's i ever saw in dealers in Cumbria - mad money but they looked beasts !   K