I'll never use echo again

Hanz-on

18 hours ago, Hanz-on said:

So your telling me a bad saw cant leave the factory? It's never happened, sounds a bit naive to me 

Dont worry, I have seen many a Friday machine while carrying out pre delivery inspections , I was just saying that it isnt a known issue i.e it isnt a common problem.

9 hours ago, Mark_Skyland said:

Dont worry, I have seen many a Friday machine while carrying out pre delivery inspections , I was just saying that it isnt a known issue i.e it isnt a common problem.

That's the thing I forget sometimes when googling a problem.....for every moaning thread in a forum theres probably 10,000 happy customers not moaning. Thanks for your input I've bought bits from skylanders in the past and delivery/customer communication was top notch!!

Edited by Hanz-on
  • Like 5

On 03/05/2020 at 22:41, lux said:

They aren’t fragile at all. Had my 2511 since they came out. Had it modded by spud and it’s an awesome saw. Doesn’t need any special treatment. I’d say tougher than the current plastic fantastic saws by stihl.
201’s have far more a reputation for disintegrating handles and filter covers .....

Having seen this saw in action can confirm its a beast. Punches way above its weight, also doesn't get particularly babied that I have noticed.

Edited by HuntingHicap

2 hours ago, Stubby said:

So it seems is is a known issue ?

Well, two people - one in Oz and one in Ireland, know about it anyway according to that thread. Do you reckon that's enough for an immediate recall? :D

Jokes aside, I'm feeling left out as I've never had a bar stud pull out on any saw that I've used. Guess I'm just lucky.

I lost a few air filter covers on an early MS200, when you unscrewed the securing bolt by hand. They fell off for fun but the dealer claimed it wasn't a fault, it was just me. Stihl then changed the design for some reason. :dontknow:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gary Prentice said:

Well, two people - one in Oz and one in Ireland, know about it anyway according to that thread. Do you reckon that's enough for an immediate recall? :D

Jokes aside, I'm feeling left out as I've never had a bar stud pull out on any saw that I've used. Guess I'm just lucky.

I lost a few air filter covers on an early MS200, when you unscrewed the securing bolt by hand. They fell off for fun but the dealer claimed it wasn't a fault, it was just me. Stihl then changed the design for some reason. :dontknow:

So Stihl changed the design because you , and only you had them fall off for fun Gary ? ..... I have no proof but I would take a punt that the bar stud thing has happened to others .  You could say its world wide from UK to Aus ? ?

• Haha 1