Which mill

Forest2Furniture

This is a 24” at the butt Stikka I’ve just loaded up. (The wrong way around, grrr) 18” at the other end. And my wee cart I use to move the beams around on. ? IMG_7349.jpgIMG_7351.jpgIMG_7352.jpg

To make life easier on my back I slide the scabs off and cut them to size as I go then split at a later date to get bagged up.

It’s a simple set up but therapeutic. IMG_1588509745.263867.jpg

• Like 4

Have you thought about Wood-Mizer LT15? There is a WIDE version:
  • logs up to 90cm wide logs
  • 11kw electric motor or 25 HP Petrol engine

*Disclaimer, I am a Wood-Mizer employee. Genuinely want to know if you have considered LT15.
_MG_1922_1X1.thumb.jpg.654dd31876f58dc4436a0aac709dedf1.jpg
_MG_1956.thumb.JPG.45e01128534663dc5562c95dc5e6a864.JPG
_MG_2010.thumb.JPG.26d920bd5480e4a6eb5275732903e8a8.JPG

What price for the lt15wide?
[emoji106]
  • Like 1

how have you gotten on with the hm126, a move up to the 130max would be a simple one as you are already familiar with the setup, the logosol is a nice machine, but then your starting the learning curve again, ok it has some very nice pluses, ultimatley the choice will be yours, but I would try and get a session on the  machines your looking at, it can be the best mill in the world, but if your not comfortable with it,it might as well be the worst

1 hour ago, Rough Hewn said:

What price for the lt15wide?
emoji106.png

Prices start at £7,125 for the Electric version. 

27 minutes ago, Bob_z_l said:

Is this it??

WOODMIZER.CO.UK

<p>The widest sawmill in LT15 range. Designed to be an affordable entrance to cutting large logs up to 90 cm...

Edit: Yes, that's the one!

Edited by Mareks Lomako

6 hours ago, Mareks Lomako said:

Prices start at £7,125 for the Electric version. 

Edit: Yes, that's the one!

Does this come standard with setworks? I've been using a 3 phase LT20 Woodmizer for 5 years or so now and I don't think I would buy a mill that didn't have setworks or a similar set up. That said, most of what I would usually cut consists of dimensional lumber rather than waney edge through and through boards. I have also used the Diesel LT40 Woodmizer with hydraulics and also a woodlands HM130 which I wasn't really that impressed with.

If you want to be cutting large wide timbers all the time you really need a powerful mill, running a smaller mill at 100% capacity all the time will end up wearing it out very quickly. Most importantly you would benefit from having something to load and unload the mill with

Edited by Jamespepperpot
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Jamespepperpot said:

Does this come standard with setworks?

Optional Setworks

Standard electric up/down

I've been using a 3 phase LT20 Woodmizer for 5 years or so now and I don't think I would buy a mill that didn't have setworks or a similar set up.

Setworks do make your life easier. 

Most importantly you would benefit from having something to load and unload the mill with

I must agree with you on that. If the budget allows it, it is a must.

3 hours ago, Mareks Lomako said:

Optional Setworks

Standard electric up/down

Setworks do make your life easier. 

I must agree with you on that. If the budget allows it, it is a must.

100% ?

Oversize stuff I’ve been milling  is maxing out my standard 130, the milling is the easy part it’s the winching up logs and turning the cants etc that’s the hard part, probs taking nearly as much time as the cutting.