Owning a business

Eli Hawkes

12 minutes ago, bigtreedon said:

Good for you joe no I in team just m and e 

Like I said mate im usually with a solid crew aged we all muck in.

It's not often im sent out with a bunch of retards these days as I tend not to work for places like that. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Joe Newton said:

It's not often im sent out with a bunch of retards these days as I tend not to work for places like that. 

Same mate the little bit of contracting I still do is for selective clients that respect u and like u say muck in get it done am always amazed at what a quality two man team on the ground with a decent chipper can get done ! 

• Like 1

But these college courses are 8 weeks full time!
What else is there to learn about trees if you've done the course and got all the tickets?
[emoji13][emoji13][emoji13]????[emoji12]
It's not what is taught to simply pass the tickets that's the problem, it's the telling them how good they are and how much they are going to earn straight off the bat either as a freelancer or to set up on their own rather than making it clear that the tickets are simply a step into the industry and permission to go out and learn within the industry.
  • Like 4

You fuct forground tree surgery off now then ?
  • Haha 2

You would think by the responses there are only 2 ways climbers should and shouldn’t work and only 1 type of company you need to keep happy.

Learn your skill and adapt to every possible job and what works best on the day be it crash bang demolition at the request of the boss or standard carefully steady pace.

Good luck 

• Like 5

You would think by the responses there are only 2 ways climbers should and shouldn’t work and only 1 type of company you need to keep happy.
  Learn your skill and adapt to every possible job and what works best on the day be it crash bang demolition at the request of the boss or standard carefully steady pace.
  Good luck 

That's a very conservative reply for you Stephen, don't go soft on us now [emoji12]
  • Haha 1

That about sums it up, too many people only see black and white.

I think ive been so lucky in my working career, I have never came across these super climber pre madonnas or phone textin, facebook posting whoares. Everyone I have worked with has just sort of cracked on, got the job done and had a laugh in between. There has been the odd lazyish  but they have pulled their finger out when needed.

Hmmm, that probably means its me who is the :001_huh:, Ahh well, bliss is ignorance. :)

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Gray git said:

That's a very conservative reply for you Stephen, don't go soft on us now emoji12.png

I tried humour at the start but that got lost in everyone’s 1 memory of a pita climber that then is the blueprint to all their future opinions on the matter.?

1 trial learning instinctively helps us survive but in the modern world it can be a road block in personal evolution!

Is that better??

• Like 1

I tried humour at the start but that got lost in everyone’s 1 memory of a pita climber that then is the blueprint to all their future opinions on the matter.[emoji848]
  1 trial learning instinctively helps us survive but in the modern world it can be a road block in personal evolution!
  Is that better[emoji6][emoji3]
Much better, I feel appeased now [emoji16]
  • Like 2

Owning a successful business ...there are those that are good at making money and can see how to make profit and those that are shit.. I’m definitely the latter and no businessman, I would do work for bad prices because I don’t feel confident to ask for more or know I can do it quicker when it should be more ... I’ve recently discovered that going out and pricing with two of us is the best way , I say how long it is going to take and what gear and I walk away at that point then the other sticks to a rate and does not knock off because they feel sorry for the client or want to help them out or do work for the sake of working as I’m terrible like that..

• Like 13