Multi tool

roycurwen1

Buy an expensive one, it'll last and out perform a cheaper version.

Cheap multi-tools and knives are seldom worth the effort of carrying cos when you need them they won't do what you need them to do, because of poor quality steels and/or design.

Just my experience.

• Like 12

Agreed with above. Like a lot of guys I have a magpie thing for shiney kit, I've got two leathermans, they are excellent quality, have bought cheap ones previously and they are very loose, blades don't lock, like anything you get what you pay for. Leatherman supply parts for most of their multi tools, so if you break an attachment you can replace it. Gerber are good as well I believe.

• Like 3

I had a faux leatherman for the last 20ish years, it was great, did all sorts of stuff with it and took it around the world. However it has recently disappeared so my gf is going to get me a new leatherman surge as a present.

Have two Leathermen  Charge XTI's with the racks of various bits ie torx/A keys/S drivers etc that fit into chuck parts at each end so one stays in me fishing rucksack/box with tools that fit reels etc Been handy also and other stays at home these days use when rig making/fixing bits Had them years and blades are still sharp diamond files a bit used though!

Also have an attachment that holds sockets etc which fits on them.

There quality that you can count on and could easily challenge yourself and others to venture out and use to make something carving etc with whats on tool.