Possible upgrade from vermeer sc252

swinny

35 minutes ago, swinny said:

I love the massive sweep on the fsi. Only problem.with the FSI is the price, you need a mortgage.... Then you have to deal with spectrum plant aswell.....

Always see bandit 2250n etc for sale low hours and seen people say not enough puff with the HYD motor.

Bandit zt..... Not sure. It seems with bandits everyone raves about them and then some give false reviews about them. Also 12" grind depth is utter shite.... Don't care what anyone says. Any stump of any decent size needs a proper grind not a back scratcher.

Predators seem to be able to be had for decent brass second hand. Are they a bit top heavy at all?

The 252 has been and is a great grinder. Wouldn't want to take a step backwards.

Check other fsi dealers

34 minutes ago, josharb87 said:

Yeah Matty, The ZT is belt driven, I'm happy with it, alot of grinder for the money. 

Wheels give better stability

This looks like a good deal:

WWW.GLOBALRECYCLING.EU

2016 model 35hp 4WD 700 series greenteeth Belt drive 35” width 693hrs Ref: 21002346

Fsi on varitrack ??

On 28/04/2020 at 12:00, swinny said:

Just wondering on peoples thoughts on an upgrade from a vermeer sc252. 

For starters I will say I always do a proper grind, not just a 6" under the surface kind. The 252 has been an awesome grinder and I've tackled some big stumps with it 4' dia etc....

Im possibly looking for something with better traction, wants to be narrower as the 35" can sometimes be a hindrance. Most likely something tracked? but havent discounted decent wheel'd version.

I've seen the predator 28 and 38 etc would love a diesel due to fuel saving but think the engine noise from the 28 is horrendous or thats how i remembered it!

Not bothered about new, Ideally 10-12k budget no more.

Important for the machine to be a deep grind one 16-18" etc not just a surface scratcher lol

Any suggestions?  Have even considered having the 252 mounted on tracks but not sure who can do this or how much it would be.

Cheers

Have a look at global recycling page they have a few second hand grinders in your budget 

@swinnyyou say you do a deep grind as 12" is crap but the 252 is only rated to 13" anyway so hardly a massive difference to a "back scratcher" is it. 

Bandit ZT for the money is about the best on a budget or Pred 38, not had anything to do with FSI but seem to have a good following,  I wouldn't touch anything with a hydro head in this power range. My old carlton 4012D is a good machine, wheeled though and can be a struggle to get it in at times but things have moved on and it seems the Carltons haven't! 

Pred 56 would be my next machine or a big bandit.