Mis Sold Contract

DanBous

I had a job selling corporate hospitality once. I have no idea if they actually came up with the goods or not, I doubt they did. It involved cold-calling with a standard cancellation script. The only criteria was that the target company had a turnover of over a million and that we could pitch the sales director only. I got 10% of their 2k fee for each 'Table for twelve' I sold.
This was pre-internet, so cheques were faxed as soon as they were hooked.

Got caught out by a magazine for the fire department a few years ago, they tried to debit my account 7 tines but only achieved it once, strangely though I asked for my money back and they obliged. I got contacted a few years ago by a similar sounding schools publication, and now anyone that contacts me with regards to a magazine or advert gets told where to go, especially yell ??

• Like 2

Let me get this right. You pay £600 and can get work for a local authority/school 

turn up and do some arb work with no need for a quote, crb check or references Winner winner chicken dinner.

One small apple to fell leave waste on site and then charge £1k /£5. Or £10k. And they won’t quibble.??

come on get real and now you want your money back. 

Accept the loss and move on. When things seem to good to be true they usually are.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, DanBous said:

So last autumn I was sold a school supplies service contract for 18months.

I have it in writing from the sales person that I would not need to provide a quote, and that I would be able to turn up and bill accordingly.

So I payed my £600.00 cost of the contract

A few days later, another member of staff at the school supplies service, tells me that I do in fact have to provide a quote.

The main reason why I took on this contract was because of the attraction of extra work that I didn't have to drive round the county quoting for.

So IMO I have been mis sold the contract and deserve a full refund.

I have been chasing them since last September and have got no where, apart from evasive replies to my emails and phone calls.

(Added to the fact that I have not received one call from a school!!)

Advice please guys! Small Claims court?!

Lastly, DO NOT TAKE ANY NOTICE OF A COMPANY CALLED SCHOOLS SUPPLIES SERVICE WHO MAY CONTACT YOU!

I’m struggling to understand what it is you’ve actually done....

Are you saying you paid someone £600 on the empty promise that they’d get you some leads with customers you’ve never met and at prices they won’t question....

I’m genuinely at a loss for words!

• Like 3

Putting it nicely - you have judged someone by your own standards and they have let you down.

Theres no point worrying about it - they will be keeping your money because they will say things that allow that to happen for so long you or your health will give up.

Take it on the chin. Be more wary next time.

WWW.SCHOOLSUPPLIESSERVICE.CO.UK

School supplies and services directory, edQuote eProcurement and concise Handbook of Procurement.

Heres there webshite look quite well made?

Wonder if the comapanies listed on there signed up or maybe they didn't and are just there as bait for others?

Seems alot have being scammed:

UK.TRUSTPILOT.COM

Do you agree with Edfirst's TrustScore? Voice your opinion today and hear what 93 customers have already said.

Some only payed £120.....

Edited by Stere

Do you think its the correct address maybe they wouldn't make it that easy?

BETA.COMPANIESHOUSE.GOV.UK

SCHOOL SUPPLIES SERVICE LTD - Free company information from Companies House including registered office address...

Different address here....