Mis Sold Contract

DanBous

So last autumn I was sold a school supplies service contract for 18months.

I have it in writing from the sales person that I would not need to provide a quote, and that I would be able to turn up and bill accordingly.

So I payed my £600.00 cost of the contract

A few days later, another member of staff at the school supplies service, tells me that I do in fact have to provide a quote.

The main reason why I took on this contract was because of the attraction of extra work that I didn't have to drive round the county quoting for.

So IMO I have been mis sold the contract and deserve a full refund.

I have been chasing them since last September and have got no where, apart from evasive replies to my emails and phone calls.

(Added to the fact that I have not received one call from a school!!)

Advice please guys! Small Claims court?!

Lastly, DO NOT TAKE ANY NOTICE OF A COMPANY CALLED SCHOOLS SUPPLIES SERVICE WHO MAY CONTACT YOU!

Sounds painful. Do you get a legal helpline with your business insurance or any other insurance policy?

I'd be making some calls, you need proper advice about whether your claim has a solid grounding - on the face of it you should but they are probably the sort of bastards who know how to weasel out of a refund.

It's all shit. As a business to business service you have no cooling off period. Often the contract will tie you in for X years, or have tricky conditions under which you must cancel a rolling contract (cancel three months in advance but no earlier etc)

Unfortunately your options are limited, unless the paperwork that you signed (did you read it?? Take note people, this is how all these lawful scams work) explicitly states that you will not need to quote.

What the salesman told you is utterly worthless in a B2B contract. It's what you sign that matters.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DanBous said:

So last autumn I was sold a school supplies service contract for 18months.

I have it in writing from the sales person that I would not need to provide a quote, and that I would be able to turn up and bill accordingly.

So I payed my £600.00 cost of the contract

A few days later, another member of staff at the school supplies service, tells me that I do in fact have to provide a quote.

The main reason why I took on this contract was because of the attraction of extra work that I didn't have to drive round the county quoting for.

So IMO I have been mis sold the contract and deserve a full refund.

I have been chasing them since last September and have got no where, apart from evasive replies to my emails and phone calls.

(Added to the fact that I have not received one call from a school!!)

Advice please guys! Small Claims court?!

Lastly, DO NOT TAKE ANY NOTICE OF A COMPANY CALLED SCHOOLS SUPPLIES SERVICE WHO MAY CONTACT YOU!

Can't believe people get caught by these scams. Like you are going to be able to roll up to any business (school included) so whatever work you like and bill whatever you like no questions asked.

For gods sake if you ever buy a digger make sure you go pick it up before sending the cash .......

• Like 7

In my past life I did sales, these dicks would phone on a Friday and make out they had a "Government Project", I would say "great, which of our products are you interested in"? They would be a bit evasive and eventually tell me that they had a publication and would advertise our services that would reach XX% of all people in Government giving us a great chance on these large scale projects.

Same old shyte, £4-6k for an advert in a magazine that would be used to level a table, throw at an annoying colleague or landfill - take your pick!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, spudulike said:

In my past life I did sales, these dicks would phone on a Friday and make out they had a "Government Project", I would say "great, which of our products are you interested in"? They would be a bit evasive and eventually tell me that they had a publication and would advertise our services that would reach XX% of all people in Government giving us a great chance on these large scale projects.

Same old shyte, £4-6k for an advert in a magazine that would be used to level a table, throw at an annoying colleague or landfill - take your pick!

When I was at Uni there were a number of scams like this.  Emergency services calendar etc, schools calendar etc.  I know because quite a few of my friends did it for a while.  

Basically advertising space is sold on a promise.  Then if they get 100 people buying the adverts they print a hundred copies and send to the people who bought.  No expensive printing costs it’s a win, win for them.

Unfortunately not for the people who were scammed.

Strangely enough it was always a scouser who owned the company.

• Like 2