TW230 roller problem?

Gerbutt

Hello all

A friend of mine has a TW230 which has just got roller problem. What happens is when you try and put a branch through, as soon as it touches the rollers they stop. The throttle is full on and the belts are tensioned. TW said the other day that it’s the flow control valve so I’ve resealed that and it’s not solved it.

Any ideas please?

16 minutes ago, Gerbutt said:

Hello all

A friend of mine has a TW230 which has just got roller problem. What happens is when you try and put a branch through, as soon as it touches the rollers they stop. The throttle is full on and the belts are tensioned. TW said the other day that it’s the flow control valve so I’ve resealed that and it’s not solved it.

Any ideas please?

Itll be the relays in the contrlo box

1 hour ago, Johny Walker said:

Itll be the relays in the contrlo box

Hello bud

What makes you think that? He did have a problem with the forward relay once but that was that the forward wouldn’t work now and then, and if you fiddled with them it would sort it. This problem is like the rollers have lost the torque to pull stuff through, they stops as soon as you offer a limb to them?

the first thing to check is the safety bar switch, that will shut it off if there is a wiring fault and its not functioning properly. the next items to check are the relays and their holders. look for any corrosion to affect the contacts. then you are into the control box switches , the no-stress box and the DCV (directional control valve). call us if you need to talk to one of our Timberwolf technicians. Green Plant 01483 235111

• Like 2

the first thing to check is the safety bar switch, that will shut it off if there is a wiring fault and its not functioning properly. the next items to check are the relays and their holders. look for any corrosion to affect the contacts. then you are into the control box switches , the no-stress box and the DCV (directional control valve). call us if you need to talk to one of our Timberwolf technicians. Green Plant 01483 235111

Hello Gareth

Thanks for the info and the number to call. I spoke to one of your chaps the other day, I think it was George?....I can’t remember his name! He was excellent, we discussed what I had done - re-sealing the DCV and then he told me about the seal in the bottom of the pressure release valve and how to change it. I was exactly as he described, castle type bolt was loose and seal was split. Replaced that and it’s all working fine again [emoji106]

Thanks for the help, would have taken me ages to work that one out! When you see whoever I spoke to, give them a high five from me.....but from a distance hey [emoji106]

That's great that you are sorted Gerbutt. The issue you had can be anyone of so many things , I know the basic early simple tests to check for and then over to our guy  Danny. he helped you when it got a bit more technical. love the tool as well. very glad to have helped. Gareth of Green Plant .

• Like 3