Helmet comms

billpierce

Go for sena bill if you spend a bit of time wiring in carefully and using tape to stick all the wires to inside of helmet they great I've had them for years on all different helmets and not had any issues I cant stress enough how much of nice working environment it is with coms it's nice to just be able to talk to ur grounds man not shout or use hand signals or wait till they look up !get some u wont regret it

Don see my post above, any feed back from yourself ?

5 minutes ago, Ian C said:

Do you not find it annoying that there constantly live and pic up every chainsaw running ? I tried some motorcycle ones and yes there good but the constant din was a pain, push to talk is better imo. Would like a Bluetooth set but it would have to be ptt and there doesn’t seem to be anything around .

The freedconn‘s that i use have A pause mode.

If you set the volume correctly, it isn’t a problem (not for me anyway).

If someone has a saw in their hands whilst they’re using it, and they’re on comms it can be a bit loud. But the easy answer is just to tell them to stop cutting briefly. If someone is using one in the background it’s fine for example. Sometimes it someone is stood right next to a chipper it can come across loud, but they have to have their head in the hopper practically.

I can honestly say the minor negative points that do crop up pale into comparison against the positives. Like anything, it’s not 100% perfect, but my god is it an upgrade from not having any.

10 minutes ago, Ian C said:

Do you not find it annoying that there constantly live and pic up every chainsaw running ? I tried some motorcycle ones and yes there good but the constant din was a pain, push to talk is better imo. Would like a Bluetooth set but it would have to be ptt and there doesn’t seem to be anything around .

If u are cutting close to mike just tap once and turn it off or if need to speak while cutting put up with the back ground noise because its probably a important cut been made I find that the positives way out way the negatives but I am more often than not doing work that involves rigging or cranes which communication is vital and if u can all talk together and not be slowed down buy trying to keep all your grounds men / machine operator in loop it is invaluable 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, MattyF said:

Ha ha, did yours come with a digital display bill? Last one I brought didn’t and it made pairing a pita

Nah no display. Think those ones are dearer, but they seen to pair up ok just then two. I have little doubt they will become troublesome, but at 60 quid for a pair couldnt resist

Where did you get them from

Ebay
WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

Up to 300 hours standby. Phone up to 10 hours Intercom up to 7 hours. -800m bluetooth intercom range between riders. 2 x Bluetooth headset receiver. -Built-in FM radio. Bluetooth Version: 3.0+EDR. Power Adaptor:DC 5V 500mA.