044 oil pump

AngrySquirrel

I would fit the outer dog to the original cover to see if the roller catcher lines up. If it does.  It tells you the holes In your other cover are wrong.

either way be very careful as to which holes you enlarge/realine 

but I’m sure you can sort it ???

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wonky said:

I would fit the outer dog to the original cover to see if the roller catcher lines up. If it does.  It tells you the holes In your other cover are wrong.

Spikes are matching type/pair. Saws great chomped through leaving nice big chips! Running an old model? 20" GB Pro bar with Oregon ExL/ Chain(new Bluey typed with oil lines and marks on teeth tops cuts nice and Eager!

Sounds good

• Like 1

Well Stihl say those spikes don't fit my saw! outer one is for rescue saw(why has it hole for chain roller then? not one shown for rescue saw)They say 0509 which they don't make anymore! asked why as many want 044's one of there classic saws!

Also said cover they don't think fits either!!! Think someones been snorting something at Stihl HQ?

It's listed and same as OE one just deeper holes are in same places also.

But Rooting through diagrams think there is an inner spike that would match up ie looks bit thicker so sits out bit more(have a check before set to work with cutter etc.

Use it to mark out on a piece of card to make a template then cut/grind it then line up and redrill holes.

Oil pump turned up today well one of them did! But OE seems to work ok'ish now since fettled it and put new O ring.Plug and spring bit on drive so not leaking either!

Dealt with breather the little mushroom thing had perished!

With the twin spikes roller chain catcher in place do you need to unbolt it to get the clutch side cover off ? Scratch that, I just looked at a kit with the roller and it just pushes through the inner spike.

Edited by peatff
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, peatff said:

With the twin spikes roller chain catcher in place do you need to unbolt it to get the clutch side cover off ? Scratch that, I just looked at a kit with the roller and it just pushes through the inner spike.

you can run roller from either side on spikes as you found pushes through to lock in place "when is in right place"!!!

On 03/06/2020 at 12:00, Wonky said:

well got told off by Stihl today! Those Spikes are not "Authorised" for the 044 WTF! Then the Sprocket cover isn't Either! Should have different bar studs.Told him cover sits same as OE as had Vernier gauge out and it has locating holes etc for outer spike.

Said new cover is just deeper "safer" No No no meant for Rescue saw! Then said have the full wrap handle! lol thought guy was going to have a coronary!.? Was even more amusing when asked about porting?!?

So asked do you have a matching pair of spikes before i get kit out to mod them? No!

It went on and on then thought used way to much oxygen on that call so said bye!

Felt like getting all my Stihl kit and Dumping it

• Haha 1

????

have you looked in the ipl , and if it’s not designed for the uk, it’s not  for the uk.. I’ve heard about full wrap handles not being available in Canada/ USA even though they are joined and   people have to ship them over the boarder

Yes,,, porting or any other mod is very naughty it stihl"s eyes.... if you take it. In a shop they find it  modded, they either won’t work on it or they fit std parts back on and charge you.

carry on upsetting the stihl shops, it’s fun to read ??

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wonky said:

????

have you looked in the ipl , and if it’s not designed for the uk, it’s not  for the uk.. I’ve heard about full wrap handles not being available in Canada/ USA even though they are joined and   people have to ship them over the boarder

Yes,,, porting or any other mod is very naughty it stihl"s eyes.... if you take it. In a shop they find it  modded, they either won’t work on it or they fit std parts back on and charge you.

carry on upsetting the stihl shops, it’s fun to read ??

He said ive read the speal out to you! but your going to do it anyway! well hes not that daft then?

Don't need any Nannying unless cute n fluffy and good fun! Don't have to be blonde etc just fun! But what i do want is a pair of matching spikes! Can't be that much/hard to ask for?

Funny that Stihl have the thought police had visions of them trundling round in there Panzer!