Bandit ZT1844

Ty Korrigan

4 minutes ago, Ty Korrigan said:

Hello, 

A French friend has issues with his belts, 4 in 130hrs at €300 per belt. Several others too as it turns out. The French supplier is in denial as usual.

So, asking for these guys, is there a fix for this? 

Stuart

I'm fairly sure that this belt wear has been brought up before, Stuart. It was as the grinder came on the market. Is this the dealer near Nantes who Darren is having problems with? Glad I didn't bother dealing with him when I thought about buying one.

4 hours ago, Ty Korrigan said:

Hello, 

A French friend has issues with his belts, 4 in 130hrs at €300 per belt. Several others too as it turns out. The French supplier is in denial as usual.

So, asking for these guys, is there a fix for this? 

Stuart

Does this machine  have multiple Vee belt drive from the engine to a layshaft and then a polychain belt to the head?

We had a carlton with this layout and when the normal operator retired started having problem with the polychain belt.

It was mostly operator error and a stupid fitter in our case.

In summary the multi Vee belts must be slack enough to slip before the polychain breaks.

The guard for the polychain must be tight fitting so no grit gets between the polychain and sprocket.

Which belts? 

The fat triple belts need to be tight

I burnt through the cutter wheel one, it started slipping now and then but wanted to finish the stump, then it disintegrated. Unlike the Vermeer I used before which could slip all day

the tensioner is a bit of a shit design, flip the long tensioning bolt around to make adjusting easier. I don’t understand why it’s the way it is from the factory. 

17 hours ago, josharb87 said:

Which belts? 

The fat triple belts need to be tight

I burnt through the cutter wheel one, it started slipping now and then but wanted to finish the stump, then it disintegrated. Unlike the Vermeer I used before which could slip all day

the tensioner is a bit of a shit design, flip the long tensioning bolt around to make adjusting easier. I don’t understand why it’s the way it is from the factory. 

We have a 2 year old ZT and received a cutter wheel belt tensioner update kit which you can get fitted yourself or pay global to fit.

It involves cutting and grinding to fit the tensioner but no welding we also received a new belt.

we like you have carried on grinding when the belt was slipping to get done ,I think the most important thing is to engage the cutter wheel at low revs .

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Philip Anderson said:

We have a 2 year old ZT and received a cutter wheel belt tensioner update kit which you can get fitted yourself or pay global to fit.

It involves cutting and grinding to fit the tensioner but no welding we also received a new belt.

we like you have carried on grinding when the belt was slipping to get done ,I think the most important thing is to engage the cutter wheel at low revs .

Thanks for the info, @GlobalNewark how do i find out if my machine is eligible for the update?

Would never dream of engaging cutter wheel at full revs, i do have some mechanical sympathy! :lol: 

23 minutes ago, josharb87 said:

Thanks for the info, @GlobalNewark how do i find out if my machine is eligible for the update?

Would never dream of engaging cutter wheel at full revs, i do have some mechanical sympathy! :lol: 

Have a word with Steve Spinks or Dean should know about it ,I never suggested you would but I’ve seen it done on our ZT and 915 ?