What now

gobbypunk

Blunt blade Id reckon.

Or the set is buggered on the bottom and/or hit something on the bottom side.

Tension set right?

You had another thread on guide bearings, on my Mill you can adjust the Guides in 4 directions, if they are adjusted wrong the blade will cut wrong, in either upward, or a downward direction. I flat bar sitting over a neutral set tooth then a spirit level on top of that will give you a good indication of guide bearing adjustment. 

Going by the previous cut the finish looks quite feathery, so Id go with blunt blade. Have you tried changing it out to see if it eliminates the issue?

• Like 1

Ok that could be one of a few reasons 

1) Blunt blade 

2) Incorrect blade tension which would throw wheel alignment causing the blade to cut all shapes (my bet) Check torque settings on the side bolt 

3) Check water coolant is flowing correctly or blade is overheating 

4)The woodlands are known to have bearing issues 

5)Are you forcing the saw in any way ??

Edited by topchippyles

Lots of good replies already Mark.  Always be quick to try another blade as this is usually the problem.  I only use a blade for an hour or two before changing and sometimes even less than this.  Also not many people sharpen the blades right - who do you use?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

Gav you use Galletley down at usk surly ?? Do some of mine and service is excellent.

Logo-With-Established-01.thumb.jpg.e5a1ccdf7d8e5f2b04fe3a8850e14025.jpg

I use Stephen Cull for narrow bandsaw blades - he is the only person I have found who does them properly.  I use Galletleys for some blades but they are not really consistent enough.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Squaredy said:

Lots of good replies already Mark.  Always be quick to try another blade as this is usually the problem.  I only use a blade for an hour or two before changing and sometimes even less than this.  Also not many people sharpen the blades right - who do you use?

Just an hour or two? ?  I find I get a good 4 hours before I need to change?