346XP

AngrySquirrel

Was having a look at the bar edge to see if how worn/needs dressing etc

Noticed that when pulled chain along it was snagging/Catching! was ok before only thing done is replace drum/rim and bearing so could it be chain is worn  alot on teeth so miss mashing?

Might try new chain later when have some time see if improves it?

12 minutes ago, AngrySquirrel said:

Was having a look at the bar edge to see if how worn/needs dressing etc

Noticed that when pulled chain along it was snagging/Catching! was ok before only thing done is replace drum/rim and bearing so could it be chain is worn  alot on teeth so miss mashing?

Might try new chain later when have some time see if improves it?

Have you dressed the bar ? Could be the nose sprocket catching . ( pinched slot  )

• Like 1

Tried loosening the chain to see if it is better? They don't always feel smooth. The clutch, drum and oil spur drive are fitted right?

I've spent a lot of today using my 346, I really like that little saw, hadn't entirely appreciated how good it was until today ought to spend some time and effort tidying it up and sorting a few of the little niggles.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Toad said:

Tried loosening the chain to see if it is better? They don't always feel smooth. The clutch, drum and oil spur drive are fitted right?

I've spent a lot of today using my 346, I really like that little saw, hadn't entirely appreciated how good it was until today ought to spend some time and effort tidying it up and sorting a few of the little niggles.

The 346 is a cracking saw and if you were to get it ported by Spud it would equal or exceed a 550 without the A/T stuff .

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Stubby said:

The 346 is a cracking saw and if you were to get it ported by Spud it would equal or exceed a 550 without the A/T stuff .

How much is it to have it "Breathed up on".

Not that up on 2 strokes tuning done polishing and porting 4 strokes before.

Had bar n bits off saw today do notice some little nicks on tips of teeth that locate in rim sprocket as move fingers over them! but installed new chain and similar so not chain. Wondering if new rim sprocket is monkey? you can hear it making noises as move it back n forth so maybe not meshing properly it was/is a kit from rotatech/northernarb place.

il try old one but have another new one somewhere that arrived on the very slow postie boat!

I understand about meshing old/new as used to race cycling so old sprockets if too worn with new chains was a sure way to dirt surf as jumped under load! and old chains on new sprockets was a sure way to snap chains!

Bar is quite old do notice some like dimples in places along it like tapped with a pointy hammer but not excessive.

Mount end there is what looks like two slight peaks but rest looks ok did run file along it and along edges but think will replace it anyway.

Looked at the Sugi pro lam big nose as Chainsaw bars has two types 10 and 11 tooth sprocket

WWW.CHAINSAWBARS.CO.UK

[HUSKY3] BC2M-8J37-A Sugihara Pro Lam 15"[38cm] .325 .058 64 drive links

or the Tsumuras. GB Pro and there is the Cannon also.Have the old? GB pro bars on my other two saws off white colour

I will PM you a price as that is how I do business. If I published a price, 50 people would say it was a bargain and 50 would say it was far too expensive and I can't be bothered with all that faf, if you want it done...fab......if you don't, make room for the others that do......pretty simple model TBH.

• Like 2

On 06/05/2020 at 17:30, Toad said:

Hi i set it up so chain is just off dropping from underside of bar can see a gap but not full tooth

Trouble is being outboard clutch harder to see how it meshes with rim sprocket!

I will PM you a price as that is how I do business. If I published a price, 50 people would say it was a bargain and 50 would say it was far too expensive and I can't be bothered with all that faf, if you want it done...fab......if you don't, make room for the others that do......pretty simple model TBH.

Could you pm me a price too please? I’ve a 50cc 346, put a new piston in it last year but not happy with it lately

Got new bearing/rim sprocket/Hub on saw on 325 running 058 chain bars quite old OE husky just looking at new  bars have options also for 050 chains/bars guess if get chain and bar can change to that? as both 325.
Any advantages or minuses?? pros and cons?

Have the Sugi .050 with the husky 33 chain, right little ripper. Easy sharpen on site, pulls like a hoor on payday! C8546E4A-0A32-4A2C-AB32-42EA42EC1461.jpg
  • Like 4