Husqvarna File Guides Confusion

Crispin

Seem to be getting myself confused. Looking for Husqvarna file guide or combination file guides for the following Oregon chain:

95txl 0.50 (1.3mm) gauge & .325 pitch micro-chisel narrow kerf

72dpx 0.50 (1.3mm) gauge & 3/8 pitch semi-chisel

Advice gratefully received!

Thanks Chris

Could never get on with those roller thingys.

found the stihl/pferd multi ones good but they get a bit loose and giddy after a while. Also one for each file size run into a nice few quid.

The old flat guides are as good as any, cheap and last forever.

Edited by s o c
Spelling
  • Like 1

I have to disagree, the roller guides when used correctly are are very good, quick and a good final finish.

, they have to used correctly, the instruction on the packs i must admit are not very good, but once shown you never go back.

6 hours ago, Crispin said:

Seem to be getting myself confused. Looking for Husqvarna file guide or combination file guides for the following Oregon chain:

95txl 0.50 (1.3mm) gauge & .325 pitch micro-chisel narrow kerf

72dpx 0.50 (1.3mm) gauge & 3/8 pitch semi-chisel

Advice gratefully received!

Thanks Chris

I'm stating the obvious here,,, you know you need two different (edit: size ) files and guides for those chains..??

just makin sure ?

Edited by Wonky
Size

.325 is normally 4.8 mm file and respectively the file guide for that size file 

and 3\8 lopro / picco. (Ie not std 3\8) is 4mm size file and the correct guide.

Edit.  Flat file is the same file for the rakers/ depth gauge 

Can someone correct me or confirm this please..  as I know there is a bit of I know better with some folks like bucking billy... and tho odd little bits at the end of a tooth to help put the hook back on the tooth.?

Edited by Wonky
Edit

Thanks for the input guys, and charts, I have the correct files (4.8 & 5.5mm), it's just finding the correct Husqvarna roller guide reference as they are referenced to Husqvarna chain. I think whether it micro, semi or full chisel grind also makes a difference to which guide. Still a bit muddled!