Greenmech 150p inner air filter

Shaunpaul

31 minutes ago, PeteB said:

Thanks for your comments Doobin. With only some 38 years around timber machinery, I wouldn't call myself an expert but, I would like to think that I'm no muppet either! Speaking as someone who has only had some 20 years working for GreenMech, I can confirm that the engineering  acceptance has always been signed off by all of the engine suppliers that we have used and the filtration is something that is included in the testing.

You're defensing the indefensible mate. An air filter should't have holes in it, much less be made of such crappy material that the engine draws it in rather than stalls if it can't pull air through for any reason.

Not like it was old either, at 100 hours.

Is it a GreenMech specific part or OEM from the engine manufacturer?

Shaun- I stand corrected. You need to keep running it until all the filter medium has been sucked into the engine and just the wire cage remains. Only then will the filter be properly run in and able to do it's job of protecting the engine. ?

Edited by doobin
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

6o year old and somewhat cynical farmers Son that I am, I have never seen an air filter like the one portrayed above. It looks like the outer membrane or fabric degraded, or the adhesive holding it to the cage failed for whatever reason, but the fabric/membrane should still not have broken up/got sucked in.

Marcus

Edited by difflock
  • Like 4

Denial... I thought only French GM dealers suffered from this but like Covid-19 it seems to have spread.

Petty fogging over banalities whilst offering a no quibble guarantee.

I'd have apologised, sent a replacement by 24hr courier.

Imagine then the engine suffers an issue and the owner gets accused of running it into the ground over a manky filter.

Stuart

Edited by Ty Korrigan
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Will C said:

@Shaunpaul have you taken a airline to it fairly aggressively? I’ve seen filters like this get wrecked by being to hash with a blow gun?

Hi, not at all, it’s the inner filter that was brand new with less than 50 hours use. Only spotted it when I was servicing the chipper.

• Like 1