Small business grant of 10K

briscoe

On 09/04/2020 at 18:27, Khriss said:

I do. But its such a palaver with rates wouldnt bother. Sad to hear yr struggling.  K

He doesn’t say he’s struggling. Apart from a potential drop off of business, there’s no real reason why he should be. If you can’t work from home, carry on with work whilst applying PHE guidelines. 

Doesn’t pay rates but thinks it unfair that he doesn’t qualify for free money. 

Im only 2 Pimms in (and there’s real potential for less diplomatic input later) but I nominate this thread for 2020 whining bastard of the year. 

As with most centrally mandated initiatives, I’m hearing / seeing more abuse and misuse of the system than was ever anticipated and no shortage of indignant, misplaced outrage from those that don’t ‘qualify.’

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

He doesn’t say he’s struggling. Apart from a potential drop off of business, there’s no real reason why he should be. If you can’t work from home, carry on with work whilst applying PHE guidelines. 

Im only 2 Pimms in (and there’s real potential for less diplomatic input later) but I nominate this thread for 2020 whining bastard of the year. 

As with most centrally mandated initiatives, I’m hearing / seeing more abuse and misuse of the system than was ever anticipated and no shortage of indignant, misplaced outrage from those that don’t ‘qualify.’

I’m crying - please drink more Pimms!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

2 Pimms in!! Get a grip man, you sober is no use to anyone  ? K

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rough Hewn said:

Wow the solidarity on here is so fucking heart warming.
It's easy to pontificate like a cunt from a padded cell. 
Work from home?
You on the crack pipe again Kevin?
I've noticed a theme recently of well off pricks ripping it out of the workers.

Well there's a lot of us who rent a container and are one man and a van operations.
But we are the ones who don't qualify for grants,loans and other schemes.
So you know where I'm suggesting you stick your jug of pimms.

... Just might appen ? K

Edited by Khriss
.... an isnt he French now or summat ! ?!?

2 hours ago, Rough Hewn said:

Wow the solidarity on here is so fucking heart warming.
It's easy to pontificate like a cunt from a padded armchair.
Work from home?
You on the crack pipe again Kevin?
I've noticed a theme recently of well off pricks ripping it out of the workers.

Well there's a lot of us who rent a container and are one man and a van operations.
But we are the ones who don't qualify for grants,loans and other schemes.
So you know where I'm suggesting you stick your jug of pimms.

You talk of solidarity?

You think it right that everyone should get a bung of free cash?

Are you Jeremy Corbyn?

Crack pipe? Pot / kettle!

Where in my comment did I suggest he work from home? Nowhere, that’s where. Go to work if you can’t work from home. What part of that are you struggling with?

I wasn’t pontificating from a padded arm chair - it’s a four seater bottle green Chesterfield not that it has any relevance to the point. 

Save me the self pitying one man band operating out of a shipping container BS. You ‘could’ have rented commercial premises and paid your dues (probably rebated by SBBRR) but you chose the low overhead, under the planning, HMRC, VOA, radars. 

I don’t knock it one little bit - actually, I salute those that chose their path based upon minimal overheads. I do exactly the same. 

Just don’t give me the tears and Marxist chest beating, woe is me BS when your own choices turn out to be sub optimal. 

It’s not even that though. One’s own choices are one’s own choices. Live with them. 

This sounds more like the “...but he’s getting more than me and I don’t think it’s fair...” type of classic politics of envy. 

Just for your personal info though, don’t assume I’m not grafting. I get SFA from the current business assistance packages because I chose to re-invest rather than take profit from the business. 

I get SFA because of MY choices. But guess what, we’re all victims of our own decisions. 

• Like 5

You talk of solidarity?

You think it right that everyone should get a bung of free cash?

Are you Jeremy Corbyn?

Crack pipe? Pot / kettle!

Where in my comment did I suggest he work from home? Nowhere, that’s where. Go to work if you can’t work from home. What part of that are you struggling with?

I wasn’t pontificating from a padded arm chair - it’s a four seater bottle green Chesterfield not that it has any relevance to the point. 

Save me the self pitying one man band operating out of a shipping container BS. You ‘could’ have rented commercial premises and paid your dues (probably rebated by SBBRR) but you chose the low overhead, under the planning, HMRC, VOA, radars. 

I don’t knock it one little bit - actually, I salute those that chose their path based upon minimal overheads. I do exactly the same. 

Just don’t give me the tears and Marxist chest beating, woe is me BS when your own choices turn out to be sub optimal. 

It’s not even that though. One’s own choices are one’s own choices. Live with them. 

This sounds more like the “...but he’s getting more than me and I don’t think it’s fair...” type of classic politics of envy. 

Just for your personal info though, don’t assume I’m not grafting. I get SFA from the current business assistance packages because I chose to re-invest rather than take profit from the business. 

I get SFA because of MY choices. But guess what, we’re all victims of our own decisions. 

So what you're actually saying is you're in the same boat as the rest of us?
I know knee jerking can be amusing,
But the events surrounding us now will have economic reverberations for years to come.
All I'm suggesting is a bit of solidarity amongst us.
GDP down 30%? in one quarter,
Oil at negative prices.
The shit is hitting the fan.
How many arb firms trading in February?
How many do you think will be trading next February?
How do you social distance/actually conform to HSE at work?
Apologies for swearing at you.
You're a bright spark most of the time Kevin.
There's a lot of us who maybe aren't as savvy in business as some on here, but we still have families to feed and bills to pay.
(Oh yeah, fuck corbyn. Just another establishment millionaire in the end)
[emoji106]