Big Thank You To Boys At Greenmech & Global

5 shires

1 hour ago, dan494 said:

Why does GM allow their international branches operate on a different ethos to the areas surrounding the factory ?‍♂️ Stuart's 150 is unusable imho from what I've seen of it, none of which began since the lockdown. I know if my chipper developed even a minor fault it'll be collected from site with a new machine left in its place, because this exactly what happened

News to me.

I spoke with Stuart not so long ago and offered to send him the tool we've made to sort the issues he's having , simple enough job and takes probably an hour or so with minimal strip down but he elected to wait until he brings the chipper back to the UK. 

The chipper was certainly still being used then...

Jase.

• Like 1

I seem to recall that it was Stuart who elected at the outset to bring his machine back when he came to the Arb Show. He was happy enough to wait until then. When the lockdown started and travel restrictions put in place, Jase offered to get the tool sent over and this was turned down....twice....

Stuart and I have had numerous discussions over the years about expectations and reality,  and while his expectations are not being met in France, and I'm sorry for the root cause, I go back to the mantra of buying local, create a relationship with the suppliers, work with them and they'll be there to help you. Keep buying online or travelling to get a deal and ultimately, you'll be left unhappy. 

There is a range of diggers, tractors and mowers available in the UK, if you ring their office for a part for a "grey" import, the response will be " not available " and a click as the phone goes down......

• Like 2

I've elected to wait because the infeed needs changing and the flywheel too.

If you recall, I have bounced back from losing my former business due to the machinations of my former business partner, "The Perfidious French Git"

We had no savings, no income other than €900 a month state aid.

We borrowed from family both U.K and Morocco, enough for a wee grinder (€3k less in U.K), the chipper (€7k less in U.K)

My wife bought back one of our trucks at auction for a few grand.

I make no excuses for not buying 'local' as such a saving could not be ignored nor would GMs regional rep consider any price movement.

So, my hand was forced.

I have previously owned 3 French GM machines, the GM190 was €10k more in France than the U.K. I still have the quote from TJWhites.

Even so, we still bought through GM France.

That GM190 turned out to be an utter dog.

I've dozens of videos of rollers jamming on 'sticks' much as my current machine does. Bear in mind 3000psi runs through that system.

The local dealer was clueless as to the cause.

It spent weeks sitting forlournly in their machine park whilst we rented theirs at €240 per day.

3 times a hydro 'U' bend connection let go, first time at 28 hours, it is the one one tucked up underneath and a shit to access.

It simply refused to stay tight.

The final occasion on a clients recently laid tarmac drive pissing out over 10litres of hydro oil.

It also had far less throw than our demo machine had which was mysterious and annoying.

Shovelling chip forward in the chip box and cleaning it off the ground.

That was not a happy time.

GM France eventually visited and agreed to exchange the machine for a GM200 which served for 120 faultless hours before my ltd company liquidated.

Greenmech, you've been making chippers long enough now, perhaps your Evo series will eliminate many problems. 

I'll be seeing you later in the year.

Stuart

Edited by Ty Korrigan
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Ty Korrigan said:

I've elected to wait because the infeed needs changing and the flywheel too.

If you recall, I have bounced back from losing my former business due to the machinations of my former business partner, "The Perfidious French Git"

We had no savings, no income other than €900 a month state aid.

We borrowed from family both U.K and Morocco, enough for a wee grinder (€3k less in U.K), the chipper (€7k less in U.K)

My wife bought back one of our trucks at auction for a few grand.

I make no excuses for not buying 'local' as such a saving could not be ignored nor would GMs regional rep consider any price movement.

So, my hand was forced.

I have previously owned 3 French GM machines, the GM190 was €10k more in France than the U.K. I still have the quote from TJWhites.

Even so, we still bought through GM France.

That GM190 turned out to be an utter dog.

I've dozens of videos of rollers jamming on 'sticks' much as my current machine does. Bear in mind 3000psi runs through that system.

The local dealer was clueless as to the cause.

It spent weeks sitting forlournly in their machine park whilst we rented theirs at €240 per day.

3 times a hydro 'U' bend connection let go, first time at 28 hours, it is the one one tucked up underneath and a shit to access.

It simply refused to stay tight.

The final occasion on a clients recently laid tarmac drive pissing out over 10litres of hydro oil.

It also had far less throw than our demo machine had which was mysterious and annoying.

Shovelling chip forward in the chip box and cleaning it off the ground.

That was not a happy time.

GM France eventually visited and agreed to exchange the machine for a GM200 which served for 120 faultless hours before my ltd company liquidated.

Greenmech, you've been making chippers long enough now, perhaps your Evo series will eliminate many problems. 

I'll be seeing you later in the year.

Stuart

Stu I didn’t intend or want to open up a can of worms here I was just genuinely in an open public forum saying thank you to Greenmech & Global for the way they have treated me over these last few years and again just recently and I can only speak from personal experience.i thought it was a good opportunity on my part to show my appreciation to Greenmech uk if you like for there after market care and to the boys and girls at Global especially Andy for there quick response to my Chipper issue..may be i’am a lucky one but all the same credit were credit is due...and I would also like to say even though I don’t know you stu a big well done for bouncing back from the shit you have been put in over recent times.

wayne

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1