Big Thank You To Boys At Greenmech & Global

5 shires

46 minutes ago, dan494 said:

Chipper fuel is my lowest outgoing. Do £20-40 a day diesel driving around and rarely over £5 petrol in the chipper

If anybody is worried about cost of fuel consumption in either Chipper and or vehicles is should be irrelevant really as £10/£20/£30 extra on a job should cover that anyway so fuel shouldn’t come into the equation same as  costs of fuel/wear and tear on equipment and yard rentals any price of a job should reflect most of these factors ortherwise you won’t be staying in business very long or at the least not making as much profit as you should be...fuel/oil and machine maintenance doesn’t come for free.

Edited by 5 shires

I wasn't worried or I wouldn't have bought the engine.

I kept a record to PROVE it's real time economy.

Myth busting the Efi haters.

The greatest chipper economy comes from reliability. 

It is costly to have a chipper sat in a dealers workshop whilst you must rent.

My Efi fuel pump issue cost me almost 1000 kms travel, 8 hours travel time and over 4 weeks €2k in chipper hire.

If dealers where as sharp as Amazon, I have the part in 24hrs and my chipper fixed the next day.

Stuart

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ty Korrigan said:

I wasn't worried or I wouldn't have bought the engine.

I kept a record to PROVE it's real time economy.

Myth busting the Efi haters.

The greatest chipper economy comes from reliability. 

It is costly to have a chipper sat in a dealers workshop whilst you must rent.

My Efi fuel pump issue cost me almost 1000 kms travel, 8 hours travel time and over 4 weeks €2k in chipper hire.

If dealers where as sharp as Amazon, I have the part in 24hrs and my chipper fixed the next day.

Stuart

Stu I think you have some interesting data Regards fuel economy but it’s all lost on someone like me..if any of the Greenmech boys are reading this it may be of use to them or may be if you ever need any parts instead of fanning abkut with the French way of doing things maybe you could go direct and use Amazon?

49 minutes ago, 5 shires said:

or may be if you ever need any parts instead of fanning abkut with the French way of doing things maybe you could go direct and use Amazon?

You are missing the point.

I am comparing Amazon's efficiency to dealers in-efficiency in obtaining parts.

Stuart

35 minutes ago, Ty Korrigan said:

You are missing the point.

I am comparing Amazon's efficiency to dealers in-efficiency in obtaining parts.

Stuart

I'd have thought dealers should have pretty much everything on the shelf ready to go for either sales or warranty work

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ty Korrigan said:

Except fuel Efi pumps it seems...

Stuart

I would have expected  your tales of woe on the internet would focus  Greenmech's thoughts somewhat if they wish to continue sales abroad, and no, blaming the problem on a warranty issue with the engine supplier cuts no ice.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, openspaceman said:

I would have expected  your tales of woe on the internet would focus  Greenmech's thoughts somewhat if they wish to continue sales abroad, and no, blaming the problem on a warranty issue with the engine supplier cuts no ice.

Especially when the website states:

GreenMech are proud to offer a 3 Year Warranty as standard on all products. This warranty is a “no quibble”, unlimited cover on parts and labour and is unmatched by any other manufacturer.

• Like 1