Big Thank You To Boys At Greenmech & Global

5 shires

I like the 37hp Efi engine despite the abismal after sales.

My own records show that for the first 100 hours a consumption of 4.5 litres per hour.

I estimate the 57hp, if also Efi to be 7 litres per hour.

However, what I'd really like, is to buy a machine from a reputable and reliable dealer who is focused on his customers and not have anything more to do with the dealer for the next 5 years.

Think it possible to produce a machine that reliable?

Stuart

2 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

It’s always mystified me why you obsess over fuel consumption for your machines.

Bung another €10 on the job, or stack and chip at the end like the real tightarses do :)

We are all somewhere on the Aspergers spectrum...

?

Stuart

14 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

It’s always mystified me why you obsess over fuel consumption for your machines.

Bung another €10 on the job, or stack and chip at the end like the real tightarses do :)

You wanna see his spreadsheets on volume of chip per job. I always give Stuart a call when I can't sleep ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

20 minutes ago, josharb87 said:

Shouldn't you be concentrating on litres per m3 and ton chipped rather than litres per hour? 

That figure fluctuates far more than the hourly consumation figures as it depends on material being chipped and the efficiency of the feeding.

It was around .75 litres per hour at times on conifer jobs.

In the first 12 months of ownership, we produced 511m3 over 136 hours at an average of 3.75m3 per hour so 1.2 litres per hour.

Stuart

15 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

agreed,  my Quadchip is amazingly frugal but i couldn't care less really.  My previous chipper could drink £35-£40 worth of petrol on a very busy day but it didn't faze me as long as it was reliable.  I'd prefer a diesel chipper that drank a bit more 'motion lotion' but was a savage bit of machinery at snapping gnarly forked branches and gobbling dense conifer limbs without choking up. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, wicklamulla said:

agreed,  my Quadchip is amazingly frugal but i couldn't care less really.  My previous chipper could drink £35-£40 worth of petrol on a very busy day but it didn't faze me as long as it was reliable.  I'd prefer a diesel chipper that drank a bit more 'motion lotion' but was a savage bit of machinery at snapping gnarly forked branches and gobbling dense conifer limbs without choking up. 

Chipper fuel is my lowest outgoing. Do £20-40 a day diesel driving around and rarely over £5 petrol in the chipper

• Like 2