Big Thank You To Boys At Greenmech & Global

5 shires

Just wanted to say a big thank you to jase Hutch At Greenmech & the staff at Global especially Andy & Elliott for sorting the problem I have with my 150p..basically I started by asking a couple of questions at the beginning of this week regarding my machine smoking to jase the next thing I knew Andy from Global was on the phone asking some questions then before this week was out my 150p is in at Global for new fuel pump and have a 165 Evo to use for as long as mine takes to fix..now in normal circumstances that would be great service but with what’s going on at the moment I call that fantastic service by any stretch of the imagination.

so thank you Greenmech & Global.?

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Jase hutch said:

Cheers Wayne..? 

Just waiting for Ty's response after experiencing the same issue in France ??

the second i read of Wayne mentioning the fuel pump i thought of Ty in French France.  Julian from Greenmech rang me this week for a courtesy chat regarding my chipper too.  Good service and comms all round.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jase hutch said:

Cheers Wayne..? 

Just waiting for Ty's response after experiencing the same issue in France ??

Well...

I'm on my 5th GM machine and have been banging the GM drum now for over 10 years.

Others too have bought GM off the back of my enthusiasm for the brand.

I bought my last one from a decent U.K dealer who is always there as is Jase for advice.

If I had bought from a French GM dealer, I'd have received shit to zero 'service après vente' anyway.

In fact, recent advice from a French GM dealer was "Not to chip up to 6" or these things will happen"

Previously they have dismissed issues because they cannot replicate them in the workshop or simply blamed me for 'using it' or told me that I should accept my lot and not be so fussy.

Not buying from a French dealer also avoids me having to take medication.

It also saved me thousands of euros though the opportunity to do this in the future may change in a post-brexit world.

Some of these saved euros I will use to return my current machine to the factory this Summer for some repairs if the ferries ever run again but this is no big deal as I will make a holiday of it.

I'd love for a local dealer to sit up, take notice, collect my machine, lend me one and bring mine back repaired and steam cleaned.

In France, this just won't happen, it just isn't in their culture.

What you get is the jam taken out of your do-nut by the dealers Gallic shrug with resting bitch face.

I had previously an intermittent fuel pump issue which was covered under a Briggs warranty, not the GM warranty.

When I eventually found a Briggs/GM dealer willing to undertake the work, my machine was off the road for 4 weeks.

It didn't need to be.

I should have avoided the warranty altogether and bought a fuel pump online having got a pressure test done in my local garage.

The dealer refused to do a pressure test as I waited, insisting I left the premises, then took they it apart and refused to assemble it until a new pump could be sourced despite it still being able to run.

The dealer also charged me 80euros labour for a failed diagnosis (he claimed there was no fuel pump fault only chaffed wiring) which is not part of the warranty arrangement.

This isn't unique to GM, I've a mate with a brand new Bandit 75XP which broke down after 2 hours and the dealer simply won't honour the guarantee.

This one is going legal but all major brands of chippers seems to suffer from an uncaring and nonreactive after sales in France.

Stuart

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Ty Korrigan said:

Well...

I'm on my 5th GM machine and have been banging the GM drum now for over 10 years.

Others too have bought GM off the back of my enthusiasm for the brand.

I bought my last one from a decent U.K dealer who is always there as is Jase for advice.

If I had bought from a French GM dealer, I'd have received shit to zero 'service après vente' anyway.

In fact, recent advice from a French GM dealer was "Not to chip up to 6" or these things will happen"

Previously they have dismissed issues because they cannot replicate them in the workshop or simply blamed me for 'using it' or told me that I should accept my lot and not be so fussy.

Not buying from a French dealer also avoids me having to take medication.

It also saved me thousands of euros though the opportunity to do this in the future may change in a post-brexit world.

Some of these saved euros I will use to return my current machine to the factory this Summer for some repairs if the ferries ever run again but this is no big deal as I will make a holiday of it.

I'd love for a local dealer to sit up, take notice, collect my machine, lend me one and bring mine back repaired and steam cleaned.

In France, this just won't happen, it just isn't in their culture.

What you get is the jam taken out of your do-nut by the dealers Gallic shrug with resting bitch face.

I had previously an intermittent fuel pump issue which was covered under a Briggs warranty, not the GM warranty.

When I eventually found a Briggs/GM dealer willing to undertake the work, my machine was off the road for 4 weeks.

It didn't need to be.

I should have avoided the warranty altogether and bought a fuel pump online having got a pressure test done in my local garage.

The dealer refused to do a pressure test as I waited, insisting I left the premises, then took they it apart and refused to assemble it until a new pump could be sourced despite it still being able to run.

The dealer also charged me 80euros labour for a failed diagnosis (he claimed there was no fuel pump fault only chaffed wiring) which is not part of the warranty arrangement.

This isn't unique to GM, I've a mate with a brand new Bandit 75XP which broke down after 2 hours and the dealer simply won't honour the guarantee.

This one is going legal but all major brands of chippers seems to suffer from an uncaring and nonreactive after sales in France.

Stuart

Not much to argue with there.

• Like 2

French prices for parts are ridiculously expensive

I need a Parker hydraulic motor for my Vermeer grinder. French price is €791. They charge for assembling the motor,  seals etc. Same price two years ago when I bought the one thats knackered from Vermeer Holland. From Vermeer UK, all in assembled is the Euro equivalent of €610. £58 with Parcelforce to deliver. Blokes at Vermeer UK can't be more helpful even though I bought the machine over here. French after sales services almost non existent from the main dealer types. Local outlets are usually ok. Again though, never really a sense of urgency to get you on the road. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Khriss said:

Thats why i would never buy a French car or live in France ( much as i love visiting the place an its people) K

You don't live in France Khriss because you were deported! Disgraceful behaviour as reported widely in the papers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I loved living in the Alps, Tignes and Courchevel doing chalet maintenance and building work, dealing with the French merchants for materials was a right royal pain in the ass!

UK, if it’s a big order i’d ring it in the day before, get a time to call in and they would load the trailer.

France, have to go see them, drop trailer off, wait for a call to say it’s ready, normally calling them a week after dropping said trailer to be told it’s been ready for a few days!

Get there and there’s a pile sat next to the trailer for me to load.

My boss was a Tignes local (Guerlain Chicceret the nut job who tried to backflip a mini and crashed a long jump in a mini - youtube, worth a gander) so he was a proper local spending hundreds of thousands of Euro’s at the merchants to get that service.

Would hate to try getting work done on machinery! I serviced the vehicles, quad, blower and telehandler as far quicker!

• Like 2