Chancellor Charity Bailout...WTF

5 shires

8 minutes ago, 5 shires said:

Easy eggs you mite blow a gasket....and unless you are deaf as well as stupid I said I wouldn’t be claiming anything unless I have too.the thing is you don’t like me and I certainly don’t like you but yet again you have made it personal..you just can’t help yourself.so let’s leave it there.

I don't dislike you, I just have a difference of opinion with you on this subject, if you don't like me it's funny that we sat for a couple of hours in the same car and chatted away for a couple of hours at one of the shows a few years back, two faced, are you Wayne?

Do you really think you are going to get away with ending, let's leave it there?

Easy eggs you mite blow a gasket....and unless you are deaf as well as stupid I said I wouldn’t be claiming anything unless I have too.the thing is you don’t like me and I certainly don’t like you but yet again you have made it personal..you just can’t help yourself.so let’s leave it there.

Do you not see the irony of calling someone stupid when written in such an illiterate rant as this? ?

• Haha 1

They way I read how the Chancellor's bailout package for SE would work is this:

Based on your past 3 years self assessment tax return (SETR) HMRC would work out what your

average monthly income is. The government then provide you with 80% of that average monthly figure in lieu of the work (it is assumed) you have had to give up in order to comply with the government request for you to put yourself in lockdown to help the authorities deal with a national crisis.

The plan is for HMRC to contact you in June, to inform you how much you are entitled to, and you will then be invited to accept or decline. You cannot apply for it directly, it is strictly by HMRC invitation only. You cannot dictate how much you want or receive, they will tell you how much you can get, period.

The sum of 80% of your average monthly income is based on the 3yr/36mth tax returns less 20%.

So if  over your last 3 SETR you stated you earned £11k; £12; £13k per annum respectively then HMRC should calculate that your average monthly income is £1k p/m (11k+12k+13k=£36k ÷ 36mths = 1k) less 20% = £800 p/m. If the lockdown is in place for 3 months then you will be invited by HMRC to apply for £2400.

You will be expected to declare this sum to the HMRC on your SETR that covers the 2020/21 tax year plus any other revenue that you receive during your regular trading in this tax year and you will then be expected to pay tax and NIC's as per normal on the full amount. 

It's not free money, but it is a taxable compensatory sum to help you survive the national emergency by complying with government instructions to stay at home whilst still providing you with the means of keeping your lights on; a roof over your head and food on the table.

At least that's the way how I read the scheme would work. But I'm no expert and I have been snorting my gran's ashes from the urn on the mantlepiece whilst sat with my head next to a 5G transmitter! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

So  it seems to me that the government is helping everyone except the self employed,we rely on country shows ,fairs etc for a big part of our living not only sales but orders that come in weeks sometimes months after ,my yard costs my house costs !cant live in a caravan or a bus as the government don’t like that ,so I pay my taxes and now what the F##k am I ment to do !my poor dog is very sick with cancer no money coming in !claim fucking universal credit !taking the piss !where is our help and everyone else who is in the same position ,and fair play Timon what you and your charity does world wide is cool as 

3 minutes ago, Gnarlyoak said:

They way I read how the Chancellor's bailout package for SE would work is this:

Based on your past 3 years self assessment tax return (SETR) HMRC would work out what your

average monthly income is. The government then provide you with 80% of that average monthly figure in lieu of the work (it is assumed) you have had to give up in order to comply with the government request for you to put yourself in lockdown to help the authorities deal with a national crisis.

The plan is for HMRC to contact you in June, to inform you how much you are entitled to, and you will then be invited to accept or decline. You cannot apply for it directly, it is strictly by HMRC invitation only. You cannot dictate how much you want or receive, they will tell you how much you can get, period.

The sum of 80% of your average monthly income is based on the 3yr/36mth tax returns less 20%.

So if  over your last 3 SETR you stated you earned £11k; £12; £13k per annum respectively then HMRC should calculate that your average monthly income is £1k p/m (11k+12k+13k=£36k ÷ 36mths = 1k) less 20% = £800 p/m. If the lockdown is in place for 3 months then you will be invited by HMRC to apply for £2400.

You will be expected to declare this sum to the HMRC on your SETR that covers the 2020/21 tax year plus any other revenue that you receive during your regular trading in this tax year and you will then be expected to pay tax and NIC's as per normal on the full amount. 

It's not free money, but it is a taxable compensatory sum to help you survive the national emergency by complying with government instructions to stay at home whilst still providing you with the means of keeping your lights on; a roof over your head and food on the table.

At least that's the way how I read the scheme would work. But I'm no expert and I have been snorting my gran's ashes from the urn on the mantlepiece whilst sat with my head next to a 5G transmitter! 

That's exactly how I understand it, but some folk out of the Midlands can't seem to compute this because they're as thick as a brick, (I come out of the Midlands). We will get 80% on average of our tax returns over 3 years, it's not complicated, and we've been told we will get it in June, backdated til the 1st of March. It's not difficult... unless you are a moron.

5 minutes ago, gobbypunk said:

So  it seems to me that the government is helping everyone except the self employed,we rely on country shows ,fairs etc for a big part of our living not only sales but orders that come in weeks sometimes months after ,my yard costs my house costs !cant live in a caravan or a bus as the government don’t like that ,so I pay my taxes and now what the F##k am I ment to do !my poor dog is very sick with cancer no money coming in !claim fucking universal credit !taking the piss !where is our help and everyone else who is in the same position ,and fair play Timon what you and your charity does world wide is cool as 

You can live in a caravan or bus and claim housing benefits for it if the site owner will give you a rent book/proof of rent payments, I don't, and have no right to claim those payments, but I know a few that are doing it due to current circumstances. It's tough for some, but you are going to have to hunker down until the payments come through.

Talk to your landlord about the yard rent.