wedges(Non Edible Version?)

AngrySquirrel

6 hours ago, Stere said:

art_20-010_1.jpg

I liked the look of theese bolle ones^ bur they are pricey I have the K & H ones.

I have used most wedges available over the years. Only use steel ones for cleaving now, far too heavy to be lugging about. I have settled on a combination of K&H triple taper to start it moving, then finish it off over the pivot point with the hi lifts, I have these Bolle ones, they are the Rolls Royce and worth every penny.

Edited by The avantgardener
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, slack ma girdle said:

I have switched to Aluminium wedges, mainly to cut down my plastic use, and i got sick of the plastic wedges snapping.

Was thinking about getting aluminium wedges, have steel and husky plastic. How do the aluminium ones do with a good beating?

Was thinking about getting aluminium wedges, have steel and husky plastic. How do the aluminium ones do with a good beating?
The edhes feather over, but you can trim them off with a hacksaw, and they seem to stack better than plastic ones.
The biggest difference that i have notice is the difference in transferring the energy of the 'wack'. I had to borrow some plastic wedges to support a second tree, and noticed how much more the plastic ones bend/flex when being hit.
Wasted energy.

I have a combination of Husky, Stihl and Oregon kicking about, all plastic. Love the wee Husky one for longevity. The medium sized Stihl ones are decent enough, and the Stihl highlights are just mega. 

Someone I follow on Instagram was using these recently, and they looked decent but I haven’t use them personally. I will be ordering some at some point though, they do three sizes.

WWW.FORESTANDARB.COM
HardHead 8" Felling Wedge available at the best price online from ForestAndArb.com  
Use these.. very good and bang them with a sledge hammer and they are holding up well.. they stack well too

On 09/04/2020 at 18:16, josharb87 said:

The blue throw saw wedges are great, plastic rated for cold climates, same width as a guidebar, stack nicely. Bit pricey though

I have never been able to find a UK supplier for these wedges. I’ve also been looking for one of those fancy black adjustable bench vices that they have in Sweden, never seen one for sale here either.