TPO on Willow Tree

Paul Tomo

13 minutes ago, Paul Tomo said:

I’ve got a customer that wants a number of limbs taking off a very large and established Willow tree. How do I go about finding out if there is a TPO on this tree.

thanks 

Local council website will tell you...go to planing and follow link to trees..go TPO and Conservation Area..you need to put in post code of property and a map of that area should be available telling you if that particular tree has a TPO or if it sits in a Conservation Area or if blanket TPO...if that doesn’t work then ring and see if someone can help or they may have a tree officer.

Edited by 5 shires
  • Like 1

I wouldnt rely or necesarily trust what a customer tells me in relation to tree tpos or con areas, theres a lot of confusion around the matter.  As a professional your job is to check the legalities so i always check myself before i undertake a job and sometimes before i have even get to site  to quote. 5 shires gives sound advice on how to check for restrictions. 

• Like 1

I have just checked our local councils website on the conservation and TPO section and there’s no information coming up about this tree or the site/property that the tree is situated on. I will take it that this tree has no TPO order on it.

I will speak again with the customer and let him know that I have made checks on wether the tree had an order on it.

Thanks again for the advice.

Paul Tomo

4 minutes ago, Paul Tomo said:

I have just checked our local councils website on the conservation and TPO section and there’s no information coming up about this tree or the site/property that the tree is situated on. I will take it that this tree has no TPO order on it.

I will speak again with the customer and let him know that I have made checks on wether the tree had an order on it.

Thanks again for the advice.

Paul Tomo

I would say that this is probably correct but there's one area where I work regularly and the tpo map still shows trees that were removed 25 years ago and a conservation area was enlarged and not put on the map straight away

3 minutes ago, Husqvarna King said:

I would say that this is probably correct but there's one area where I work regularly and the tpo map still shows trees that were removed 25 years ago and a conservation area was enlarged and not put on the map straight away

Thanks for this info Husqvarna King I will make a phone call and be on the safe side. ?

• Like 1

Paul you have done all the correct searches but were you can try and print information of so you have it to hand if and when you are required to show it,the other thing I would say that if you ever do this search again remember this is your time and you must charge accordingly.when you speak to clients in the future and you ask the question has the Tree got TPO on it or it sits in a Conservation Area and have they checked if they ever say no give them the option of doing it themselves via Local Council Website or ring...or make it clear that if you do it there will be a charge for your time..what you charge will be up to you but £60/£70 is bout what you should be charging.personally this is what i do I don’t charge clients  for quotations but anything which involves checking for TPO’s,phone calls etc i class as extras and I charge accordingly  unless they want to do that themselves.

just a bit of advise

• Like 1