Covid-19

Baldbloke

FFS man wake up!

Obama set up a whole agency to prepare for future pandemics! Who do you think dismantled it?

He didn’t dismantle it or eliminate it, which is what you are implying. He merged the department into another security department.
There is a difference. (It didn’t help, granted)
That doesn’t mean that I am defending Trump, but it has to be acknowledged that China tried to cover the whole thing up and the WHO was naively drawn into it.
There have been a catalogue of mistakes on every side.
  • Like 3

I think you'll find Trump had epidemics well covered. He put his son in law in charge of that one [emoji31]

And now he's withdrawn all funding for the WHO, clearly in an effort to scapegoat them for his abysmal handing of the crisis.

I don’t blame him for wanting to hold Tedros to account.
A man who wanted to appoint Robert Mugabe as a goodwill ambassador for the WHO..... and used it as a platform to champion China’s human rights record... (I’ll just let that sink in for a minute)
Trump’s mismanagement of the crisis pales into insignificance when you look a little deeper at the root causes of the pandemic.
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, difflock said:

Robert Mugabe as a goodwill ambassador for the WHO..... 

sounds about as likely as Diane Abbott being touted to replace Carol Voderman as a Countdown hostess  .  .  .

That sounds crazy, yet Abbott replacing Carol on Count Down sounds perfectly plausible when you consider the alternative if Labour won the last two elections. 

29 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

That sounds crazy, yet Abbott replacing Carol on Count Down sounds perfectly plausible when you consider the alternative if Labour won the last two elections. 

They didn't, gloating winners fall into the same league as sour losers mind, 

• Like 1

I watched a couple of trump's press conferences over this crisis and by f##k how did that trumpet ever get to where he is.

If he was dragging brash for u would u really promote him to gang/team leader never mind bloody president of the free world

I'm not really political in any way but he seems to have absolutely no grasp off anything.

Only 2 weeks ago he was saying America will be open for business for Easter, then that clever germ speach, now reckons king off America. The man is a complete Muppet

Then the other day was shouting down some poor reporter as Fake for asking a difficult question in a press conference.

His advisers must just spend 10mins after each press conference banging there heads of the wall. Be better off sending Homer Simpson out

No matter wot ur political stance has their ever been a time in politics with so many truely terrible politicians and esp leaders.

And the very time u need some real leaders

Has there ever been a scarier time in world politics, got bo jo here, Putin in Russia and trumpet over there all with there finger on the big red button.

I know China is far from honest and trustworthy, but if it ever turns out this was man made or they have known about it for a lot longer than they let on ( which they will have) they're could well be hell to pay

It might make this virus look like the good ol' days.

Edited by drinksloe
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good grief, do you actually believe the nonsense you spout?

Not to worry, will be a Tory government for years to come. [emoji4] If only we could utilise the bitter tears of Labour and their supporters, they'd finally make a worthwhile contribution to society. 

Typical comment of a very salty communist loser, will they ever get over the worst labour defeat in history? I’m so glad we ain’t got comrade Corbin in charge of the country at this time, we’d have the Chinese military assisting us with control of the lock down.[emoji379]
  • Like 5

I watched a couple of trump's press conferences over this crisis and by f##k how did that trumpet ever get to where he is.

If he was dragging brash for u would u really promote him to gang/team leader never mind bloody president of the free world

I'm not really political in any way but he seems to have absolutely no grasp off anything.
Only 2 weeks ago he was saying America will be open for business for Easter, then that clever germ speach, now reckons king off America. The man is a complete Muppet
Then the other day was shouting down some poor reporter as Fake for asking a difficult question in a press conference.
His advisers must just spend 10mins after each press conference banging there heads of the wall. Be better off sending Homer Simpson out

No matter wot ur political stance has their ever been a time in politics with so many truely terrible politicians and esp leaders.
And the very time u need some real leaders

Has there ever been a scarier time in world politics, got bo jo here, Putin in Russia and trumpet over there all with there finger on the big red button.
I know China is far from honest and trustworthy, but if it ever turns out this was man made or they have known about it for a lot longer than they let on ( which they will have) they're could well be hell to pay
It might make this virus look like the good ol' days.

My thoughts exactly, I believe this virus will eventually lead on to much bigger and more dangerous situations, the Chinese with its ever expanding population will be pushed into some sort of offensive/ defensive stance by the American idiot.
  • Like 1

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/local-news/cornwall-could-lockdown-lifted-before-4058329

It’s not a “one size fits all” mitigation to a national / international problem. 

The mitigation is very different for a peninsula rural county than it is for a metropolitan city with international air hubs.

With movement control at arterial roads, this might not be so daft as the hysterical masses might be encouraged to think.

• Like 3