Covid-19

Baldbloke

30 minutes ago, TIMON said:

Some people definitely would! So Obama takes the credit for the ‘good stuff’ left as a legacy. At what point would he cease to accept the plaudits?
By the same rationale we should blame the lack of planning for a worldwide pandemic on Trumps predecessor as well then?

Nope:

WWW.VANITYFAIR.COM

“It just sat as a document that people worked on that was thrown onto a shelf.”

Gents, The previous and longstanding NHS attitude to PPE and other medical supplies was and is unsustainable, the prolifigate use and wastage, never mind downright theft(of masks and gloves by the carton, in the early days of the pandemic) cannot be provided for.

And "the usual suspects" will do their dammnest to blame the Conservatives.

How about asking the multitude of "managers" to do their jobs, instead of blaming the Government, the whole thing happened in slow motion, with plenty of heads-up/warnings from the Chinese experience.

BTW

A Prison Officer, very recently, like last week, related to me his account of beinging in an ICU here in NI.

With a prisoner/paitent.

Said prisoner/patient had recovered sufficiently so as to be discharged from the ICU.

The Nurse said"I'll put these 2 bottles of antibiotics to go with the paitent"

What about all the rest of the bottles and stuff? asked the PO,

Oh, it will all be dumped said the Nurse, along with the rest of this stuff,

as she commenced clearing 2 wardrobe sized cupboards into a yellow clynical waste bag,

standard procedure, this stuff could all be contaminated,

So WTF was it in there?

Regards,

Marcus

Also, from observations during my stay in hospital some 6 months ago, many staff are less than rigerous re personal hygine protocals, so the supposed lack of PPE may well be a bit of a red herring.

Plus the possibility/probility staff contracted the virus outside of their work.

There are many dedicated and very good NHS/nursing staff, there are also a significent number who are  neither good nor dedicated, but again, what are the highly paid managers actually doing?

Edited by difflock
  • Like 6

12 minutes ago, difflock said:

Gents, The previous and longstanding NHS attitude to PPE and other medical supplies was and is unsustainable, the prolifigate use and wastage, never mind downright theft(of masks and gloves by the carton, in the early days of the pandemic) cannot be provided for.

And "the usual suspects" will do their dammnest to blame the Conservatives.

How about asking the multitude of "managers" to do their jobs, instead of blaming the Government, the whole thing happened in slow motion, with plenty of heads-up/warnings from the Chinese experience.

BTW

A Prison Officer, very recently, like last week, related to me his account of beinging in an ICU here in NI.

With a prisoner/paitent.

Said prisoner/patient had recovered sufficiently so as to be discharged from the ICU.

The Nurse said"I'll put these 2 bottles of antibiotics to go with the paitent"

What about all the rest of the bottles and stuff? asked the PO,

Oh, it will all be dumped said the Nurse, along with the rest of this stuff,

as she commenced clearing 2 wardrobe sized cupboards into a yellow clynical waste bag,

standard procedure, this stuff could all be contaminated,

So WTF was it in there?

I noted how the district nurse metered out the morphine sulphate and recorded the use on 3 separate bits of paperwork and then stuck the label from each ampoule onto the record as proof, spending three or four times  the time it took to administer the automatic syringe  because it was a controlled drug. When I was clearing out the room I waited for her last visit so she could take charge of the remaining ampoules, she said she couldn't take anything away and to take them to the pharmacy. I went to the pharmacy with a fairly full carrier bag of unused medication including the dozen ampoules, the young girl at the counter reached out to take them  and I asked if she was a qualified pharmacist, she said no so I elected to wait till one was available. When he came out I explained what I had, expecting to get a chit for the controlled drug but he took the bag, thanked me, offered condolences and said goodbye. I was flabbergasted.

District nurse also said she could not take the twenty unopened cartons of incontinence pads back, I'm hoping they will be of some use to the hospice.

Interestingly I had had to buy some colloidal silver dressings, about 10 quid each, and there were 3 left over and the district nurse did take those as the NHS had run out a week or so earlier. 

12 minutes ago, difflock said:

Regards,

Marcus

Also, from observations during my stay in hospital some 6 months ago, many staff are less than rigerous re personal hygine protocals, so the supposed lack of PPE may well be a bit of a red herring.

Plus the possibility/probility staff contracted the virus outside of their work.

There are many dedicated and very good NHS/nursing staff, there are also a significent number who are  neither good nor dedicated, but again, what are the highly paid managers actually doing?

We saw a lot of that sloppy hygiene in the hospital but my daughter did not want a fuss made, her sister did rip into one of the catering staff outside though.

ATM it's all hands on deck and my friend who I expected to be furloughed from the speech therapy department is flat out constantly updating duty rosters as frontline staff fall ill

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

I noted how the district nurse metered out the morphine sulphate and recorded the use on 3 separate bits of paperwork and then stuck the label from each ampoule onto the record as proof, spending three or four times  the time it took to administer the automatic syringe  because it was a controlled drug. When I was clearing out the room I waited for her last visit so she could take charge of the remaining ampoules, she said she couldn't take anything away and to take them to the pharmacy. I went to the pharmacy with a fairly full carrier bag of unused medication including the dozen ampoules, the young girl at the counter reached out to take them  and I asked if she was a qualified pharmacist, she said no so I elected to wait till one was available. When he came out I explained what I had, expecting to get a chit for the controlled drug but he took the bag, thanked me, offered condolences and said goodbye. I was flabbergasted.

District nurse also said she could not take the twenty unopened cartons of incontinence pads back, I'm hoping they will be of some use to the hospice.

Interestingly I had had to buy some colloidal silver dressings, about 10 quid each, and there were 3 left over and the district nurse did take those as the NHS had run out a week or so earlier. 

We saw a lot of that sloppy hygiene in the hospital but my daughter did not want a fuss made, her sister did rip into one of the catering staff outside though.

ATM it's all hands on deck and my friend who I expected to be furloughed from the speech therapy department is flat out constantly updating duty rosters as frontline staff fall ill

This is so disheartening. The NHS stopped being fit for purpose a long time ago. A full and complete overhaul is needed. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

This is so disheartening. The NHS stopped being fit for purpose a long time ago. A full and complete overhaul is needed. 

Maybe but it's the bureaucracy not the nursing profession that needs looking at.

Of course dealing with the little item I mentioned would lead to even more paperwork.

• Like 3

Nope:
GettyImages-1133214208.jpg WWW.VANITYFAIR.COM
“It just sat as a document that people worked on that was thrown onto a shelf.”  

Sounds and reads like an almost identical piece in the New York Times...... which was very selective with the actual facts (imagine that)

2 minutes ago, TIMON said:

Sounds and reads like an almost identical piece in the New York Times...... which was very selective with the actual facts (imagine that)

There's alot of it about. That's because it's based on things that have happened.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1