Oregon 95TXL Ebay Subsitition

Crispin

Hi

Have made purchases from 2 separate ebay sellers recently for Oregon 95TXL (narrow kerf) chain, one seller is an authorised Oregon seller.

Both have sent me 20LPX (full chisel) chain without any mention that this was different to what I had ordered, both when questioned advise Oregon have run out of the former and that I would probably find the substitution better.

Aside from being mildly irritated that I was not given an option to accept/decline before being sent the chain, is the substitution reasonable? Have only used narrow kerf 95VPX or TXL on the saw before.

The chain is used for mixed wood on a 346xp with 16 inch bar.

1 minute ago, Crispin said:

Hi

Have made purchases from 2 separate ebay sellers recently for Oregon 95TXL (narrow kerf) chain, one seller is an authorised Oregon seller.

Both have sent me 20LPX (full chisel) chain without any mention that this was different to what I had ordered, both when questioned advise Oregon have run out of the former and that I would probably find the substitution better.

Aside from being mildly irritated that I was not given an option to accept/decline before being sent the chain, is the substitution reasonable? Have only used narrow kerf 95VPX or TXL on the saw before.

The chain is used for mixed wood on a 346xp with 16 inch bar.

I would sooner have full chiz unless cutting really dirty wood .

• Like 2

I would quote exactly what you said in your feedback and do not put a positive mark. This way they may think twice before doing this to someone else.

What you got was not what you ordered. It will work just fine, but it is not what you ordered.

I use semi chisel exclusively because I do not work in clean conditions often. If I received full chisel when I ordered semi chisel, I would send it back because it just would be a waste of time having to sharpen it so often.

• Like 2

Yeh I agree.. it’s a bit like buying a box of wheatabix and getting a box of wheatoflakes.. it may be the same thing... and do the same job.. but it’s not what was advertised and not what you brought...

oh and if the seller says send it back, tell them to send you a postage label...if you send it back and pay postage. eBay don’t care 

ask me how o know.. not that I fell foul it it, I read other stories. And when a seller said send it back because of a dispute, I sat tight and asked more than twice that eBay said you will send me a postage label..???

Just another possibly thick on my behalf question: my bar is marked as 66DL (16 inch) - Husqvarna lists the substituted chain (20LPX) as 67DL for 16 inch ?? Can I still use the chain on this bar EDIT: sorry, ignore, looks like they do a 66DL as well!

WWW.OREGONPRODUCTS.COM

Edited by Crispin