stihl 044 changing to HD2 air filter parts

AngrySquirrel

I think  its being a 12mm wrist pin,,, but the only way to be sure is to measure it, if you pulling the jug off.

but for a boost of easy (noisy) power get a muff as we listed above.

you need fo find out what carb is fitted the Walbro hd carbs a the better, but mine had a c3m 5 thing without the snorkel ☹️

2 hours ago, Wonky said:

I think  its being a 12mm wrist pin,,, but the only way to be sure is to measure it, if you pulling the jug off.

but for a boost of easy (noisy) power get a muff as we listed above.

you need fo find out what carb is fitted the Walbro hd carbs a the better, but mine had a c3m 5 thing without the snorkel ☹️

Hi cheers ebay bod in uk does the hyway front part or would it be better to either replace all it don't have any forward holes inside on baffle just sides.

Which bits the snorkel? il try and stick some pics up.

don't want to be dehoming the piston particularly esp with it in kitchen don't have the tools i think to put all the bits back together esp if a 10mm as they say bits drop from bearing into case!

Plugs a bit black/oily i noticed so maybe needs a tweaky but if replace kat maybe bring it right/better?

What is the max bar these pull?

Does the full wrap round bar improve handling or just a waste? 

I don’t want to go to far into this,, but if your carb has the red things those limiter caps, you know how to defeat them.. I hope.. I fuddy a cylinder because I didn’t know at the time.... 

if you have that carb with the snorkel, fitting a hd air filter and all the plastic housing is easy.. well more so than my O44 was...

• Like 1

pic's... I like pic's. Saves me a little brain power,, all these answers to questions you haven't asked.. oh I don’t have to ask either ?.

that is I see stuff you skippy over... if yours is a 12mm wrist pin,,, then it’s probably a bit better than a 10mm.  Apparently with the 10mm, they got the crank broken when the bar got pinched and the operator yanked it out.. that’s why the 10mm got updated to a 12mm (diff crank as well as Wrist pin)

edit there were a few other changes ie pin loc on the piston which allowed bigger intake  port  an more power. That’s why you can’t use a 10mm piston in a 12mm cylinder,, 044 or 440.

Edited by Wonky
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wonky said:

pic's... I like pic's. Saves me a little brain power,, all these answers to questions you haven't asked.. oh I don’t have to ask either ?.

that is I see stuff you skippy over... if yours is a 12mm wrist pin,,, then it’s probably a bit better than a 10mm.  Apparently with the 10mm, they got the crank broken when the bar got pinched and the operator yanked it out.. that’s why the 10mm got updated to a 12mm (diff crank as well as Wrist pin)

edit there were a few other changes ie pin loc on the piston which allowed bigger intake  port  an more power. That’s why you can’t use a 10mm piston in a 12mm cylinder,, 044 or 440.

Well it sort of looks like i have a slanted finned 12mm 044 ? on this forum

OPEFORUM.COM

If you're gonna port them, it shouldn't matter. But.... My understanding is that the 10mm jugs have a narrower intake...

they show a difference between 10mm and 12mm crank cases.

Ive ordered an aftermarket cover kit and filter from our Bat friends along with the metal bracket and a dual port muffler mind have found some others now the Hyway one looks different

On that other forum there saying the HD2 is much more free flowing than other old one that with dual port increased revs and pick up so food for thought.

Seen some with ports as trumpets ie tube with rolled edges now that should be good as i can make/convert covers to them if someone has the info on sizing! get the ole mig welder out or tig if i can find all the bits?

Found some bits for 372xp also with top exit also a dual one for 346xp there is also someone selling plates to extend can away from pot saying improves torque!

I know, ? I frequent there. A lot ?.a lot of good info there.. and they are a helpful bunch of guys,, unlike some other places. That I will not name..

you seen TM'vid.. well it’s on Julian's channel 

i pop a link up

Edit..

you have to remember there is more than one way todo something,

and not everyone see's the same way. 

Edited by Wonky
Adding stuff
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Wonky said:

I know, ? I frequent there. A lot ?.a lot of good info there.. and they are a helpful bunch of guys,, unlike some other places. That I will not name..

you seen TM'vid.. well it’s on Julian's channel 

i pop a link up

Edit..

you have to remember there is more than one way todo something,

and not everyone see's the same way. 

Hi yeah seen that one.yep many bad/wrong ways also to muck things up for sure!

I like making/creating things be it in whatever material or construction. Many things self taught as built my own car completely rewired it inc fuse box installed fuel injection and modded it plus polished and ported cylinder head yet not a qualified mechanic. guess joys of being deemed Barking Mad? Autism/Asperger's! has some uses.

Remember quite a bit about tuned length of exhaust with two strokes  often if too open ok for max power at high rpm but looses low/midd band and torque and can scour piston area leading to burning pistons plus matching pulses etc more critical in many respects to four strokes but even 4S needs right back pressure or loose power/torque as 4 pots for fast road/rally use 4-2-1 manifolds while full race 4-1 as there at high-max revs not needing low/mid/torque.

But put a turbo on engine changes it again! and they like 2strokes don't like leaks at either side of combustion chamber or damages impeller.

Why i look at some of the mods and wonder!

But its always great to learn new things interesting to hear/see what others create and has we know not everything is Pass!

Those full wrap handles are they a good or bad thing i see listed for rescue saw