Mc Cullogh Alpina 0-70S

POLISH PROBLEM

6 minutes ago, gary112 said:

Just out of curiosity,why do you say you,ve stopped asking for advice on here?

i guess some of the replies come across a bit arsey and they may be a delicate flower (akin to meself!)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

As someone else picked up, removing the flywheel to sort out a fuel system is a bit strange....in fact, removing the flywheel is not a common occurrence with ANY general maintenance and usually needs pullers and there is a high risk of damaging it.

Flywheels are always keyed and never spin off from what I have ever come across so not sure what he is attempting to do...remove the flywheel because the breaker is behind it because he has no spark or is he calling the clutch a flywheel.....no idea.

I have two vintage McCullochs and timed one so know it isn't for the uninitiated, I tried explaining the system to a 30 year old a while ago and after five minutes he said he lost me after the first 10 seconds....they aren't easy if that is what he is attempting to do and you need a multimeter or something similar and need to know how it all works....or is the breaker a little dirty.....who knows!

I do get a bit arsy with people that have 1 post and then get a load of info then disappear without adding to this forum....no disrespect to the OP as I don't know if he was one of these but that one really annoys me.

I also get arsy when people tell you they have ruled out some aspect of an issue and I can only see that it will be this and then a week later they find out I am correct - someone had a loose bar once and said they couldn't clamp it correctly on the machine but the distance between the side cover and the bar mount was less than the thickness of the bar.....that one really got me excited...you work it out.

Anyway - I have helped hundreds if not thousands out with my "Whats on Your Bench" thread and those that have had the pleasure know my heart is in the right place, no harm intended......chill, all in a days work;)

The abuse is free....so I tell my customers! Now...this chainsaw......what are you up to and if the advice helps.........

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I know that, I refurbed my points on my 1-40 and timed it and think the flywheel was marked but it was a long time ago but I have had the bugger running and the whole village knew about it. As you say, pulling the flywheel isn't an easy job without the correct tools so a Nova unit or similar may be the way forward.

Never got my 595 going, it fires but has a stupid amount of compression and weighs a ton, 15 pulls and you are through. Perhaps now is the time to get it going! 100cc of vintage muscle!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, spudulike said:

I know that, I refurbed my points on my 1-40 and timed it and think the flywheel was marked but it was a long time ago but I have had the bugger running and the whole village knew about it. As you say, pulling the flywheel isn't an easy job without the correct tools so a Nova unit or similar may be the way forward.

Never got my 595 going, it fires but has a stupid amount of compression and weighs a ton, 15 pulls and you are through. Perhaps now is the time to get it going! 100cc of vintage muscle!

Was that the one that burnt the lawn