Treehouses

Built one for the man from Combat Dealers 22yrs ago across an oak pollard and an ash pollard, we tied it to the trees (no fixings) and did the ropes so they could be loosened every year or so, this wasn’t done and skip forward 20yrs the house is listing, the ropes are choking limbs and the ash has dieback.
So he asked me to redo it twice the size, I said I’ll build it into the tree but on poles in the ground.
Managed to get the ropes out and reduce limbs that were failing cos of choke. We’ve built the platform and when we go back will build the house on it with a second floor shooting platform (it over looks his rifle range.
Unfortunately he broke his back in parachute accident (hit a tree) last year so we couldn’t go back to carry on and we were due to start again in April but the current shit storms put an end to thatIMG_1740.jpgIMG_1738.jpgIMG_1756.jpgIMG_0160.jpgIMG_0338.jpg

• Like 6

Back garden tree house - it felt like it was close to more effort installing it than it was used but there were tears when it came out [emoji37]
78F30652-3379-4A34-8874-62462F63AA44.thumb.jpeg.8863566e8b1bd4d8127ea0f7bf511b9a.jpeg
2D91E10E-F1D0-43AB-B088-897E51666352.thumb.jpeg.6444ed09911d826245ff25c29252c73c.jpeg
D9237BE6-2BF7-40F2-93DB-386DC70DB8E8.thumb.jpeg.8e748248645dc6f115d74912b8ce8bbd.jpeg
FC2836DB-0CC8-488B-9F0E-1EBA5819005A.thumb.jpeg.6e84f8ef8b16759dd2881554a5d36d8e.jpeg

Looks great Kev, is all the timber from local jobs, hope Cornwall council have been notified on your new dwelling [emoji6]

14 minutes ago, Alex O said:

Looks great Kev, is all the timber from local jobs, hope Cornwall council have been notified on your new dwelling emoji6.png

It’s gone now mate. Came out last Summer. Timber was from Mont pine at St Budeaux (I know, madness, you wouldn’t think there were any trees in Budox but it was closer to Saltash Passage!)

CC on lockdown at mo, no site visits. Any excuse for a “work from home” day off!!  ???

Edited by kevinjohnsonmbe
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

It’s gone now mate. Came out last Summer. Timber was from Mont pine at St Budeaux (I know, madness, you wouldn’t think there were any trees in Budox but it was closer to Saltash Passage!)

CC on lockdown at mo, no site visits. Any excuse for a “work from home” day off!!  ???

I worked on a site in St Budeaux once, even the Rottweilers walk around in pairs!?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HuntingHicap said:

I worked on a site in St Budeaux once, even the Rottweilers walk around in pairs!?

2 hours ago, Alex O said:

Only staffies allowed now emoji849.png

You didn’t need a watch to check for crib time.....

The big bore exhausts were like a works siren. 

Same every morning, straight after Jeremy Kyle show, they’d fire up on the daily outing to Spar for the special brew. 

Similar in the afternoon, around about 14:00, 4 cans in, the wife & or dog beating would be signalled by the police sirens!

?

• Haha 2

You didn’t need a watch to check for crib time.....

The big bore exhausts were like a works siren. 

Same every morning, straight after Jeremy Kyle show, they’d fire up on the daily outing to Spar for the special brew. 

Similar in the afternoon, around about 14:00, 4 cans in, the wife & or dog beating would be signalled by the police sirens!

[emoji15]

Blimey Kev don’t hold back ?
  • Haha 1