Covid 19 projects

Johnsond

16 hours ago, Conor Wright said:

Thanks. There was no skill involved, sadly. Its held together with screws! I enjoyed doing it, have loads of ideas for little projects. Would have liked to spend a little longer on it and peg and glue it, but it had to be ready for tomorrow morning!

I usually get a lot of household jobs done when she's away with work or travelling, that wont be the case for a while now though.

Anyway, I'm off to cut a pair of 2x4s. ?

Have fun making your gun cleaning bench. That will take a bit more than an afternoon!

Simple design often best. Miss having proper workshop. My Covid19 contribution was just a pint of the red,  at the hospital . K

Edited by Khriss
( NOT @stubby a lively cabernege sauvignon, been banned before ?)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My project is clearing the wind thrown Sitka from the first, now 40 year old stand, only about 1000m up the rodden at the back of the house, only for very expensive/labour intensive firewood, but fingers crossed the trees still standing will not blow down, and there will be a nicer section of more open conifer woodland for posterity.

I already went through the 10 or 15 acres of Birch and "freed-up" the volunteer Oak and Beech, for the 2nd or 3rd time, from competing trees and vegetation, again simply for my current satisfaction and the future enjoyment of others.

And actually started to build up a little cardio vascular stamina, for the first time in 30 years!

After the fierce wind yesterday, it is absolutely glorious bright and sunny here today.

Cheers all

Marcus

• Like 2

19 hours ago, gobbypunk said:

Hi scraggs are you in the market for a commercial disco Landy it needs a bit of welding in the back and a new floor but there is a kit with it for all the panels it belongs to my colleague at my yard it also needs wheels 

Cheers Mark 

No thanks
I need another landy project like I need the hole in my backside to seal up :)

• Haha 1

Hi All 
Pretty much ground to a standstill work wise so the mrs has been hitting me with painting and wallpapering tasks indoors ??. Trying to justify being outside and messing about with timber so knocked up a single bed from leftovers of a log store build and some ash planks, not high end furniture for sure but sturdy and should do the trick. Most importantly it kept me outside and busy for a day. 
DAF62696-173D-4E75-8713-05F798278D58.thumb.jpeg.1fcf57ca77b5ed5426b385c6c4b46a88.jpeg
Quite like that, I'm currently on with a cabin style bed for one of the grandkids, in my spare time. Will post a picture when finished.