Covid 19 projects

Johnsond

Hi All 

Pretty much ground to a standstill work wise so the mrs has been hitting me with painting and wallpapering tasks indoors ??. Trying to justify being outside and messing about with timber so knocked up a single bed from leftovers of a log store build and some ash planks, not high end furniture for sure but sturdy and should do the trick. Most importantly it kept me outside and busy for a day. 

DAF62696-173D-4E75-8713-05F798278D58.jpeg

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 19

18 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Hi All 

Pretty much ground to a standstill work wise so the mrs has been hitting me with painting and wallpapering tasks indoors ??. Trying to justify being outside and messing about with timber so knocked up a single bed from leftovers of a log store build and some ash planks, not high end furniture for sure but sturdy and should do the trick. Most importantly it kept me outside and busy for a day. 

DAF62696-173D-4E75-8713-05F798278D58.jpeg

Nice job but do something with that head board for gods sake. Nice chunky sub frame build and you stick a ranch rail 4x1 head board on it ? shocking 

Edited by topchippyles

38 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

Nice job but do something with that head board for gods sake. Nice chunky sub frame build and you stick a ranch rail 4x1 head board on it ? shocking 

I shall pass you onto the mrs, my intentions was some live edge type stuff but it’s sometimes best to defer. Did I somehow break the approved bed headboard construction etiquette !!! ?‍♂️?‍♂️

Edited by Johnsond
  • Haha 1

My brother usually works away three nights a week, so being at home all the time, he said that he and my sister in law are working on creating one of these:

Baby Poo Decoded: Is My Baby's Poop Supposed to Look Like This?

I would have thought that seeing my loony daughters (2 and 5) all the time would have been enough of a contraceptive, but I was wrong!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

I shall pass you onto the mrs, my intentions was some live edge type stuff but it’s sometimes best to defer. Did I somehow break the approved bed headboard construction etiquette !!! ?‍♂️?‍♂️

Ok and your most welcome to pass this on to she who must be obeyed (you a man or a mouse) Think you got woodworm in your cheese, If i help she can pay me in kind by testing the bed out but its a 24 shift ?

images.jpg.1aa800d0074438112c6333113307710b.jpg

14 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

Ok and your most welcome to pass this on to she who must be obeyed (you a man or a mouse) Think you got woodworm in your cheese, If i help she can pay me in kind by testing the bed out but its a 24 shift ?

images.jpg.1aa800d0074438112c6333113307710b.jpg

I know you are a self proclaimed master craftsmen and obviously now the guru of headboards ( not sure if that’s because you have seen a few close up but each to there own ) but regarding Payment in kind after 6 kids I reckon I’ve got that side of things covered ?. Total mouse in the house that’s me Les happy wife happy life ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 2