Talking about my generation

Mmmm my gut feeling is if its low hours, if you speak to right electrical magician the generator side of it will be fixable. What make is the unit? I know stephill are pretty helpful on the phone, worth a call to whoever made it ( cant remember if you have said.)

8 hours ago, billpierce said:

Mmmm my gut feeling is if its low hours, if you speak to right electrical magician the generator side of it will be fixable. What make is the unit? I know stephill are pretty helpful on the phone, worth a call to whoever made it ( cant remember if you have said.)

Thanks Bill. I'll give Pramac a call.

The two electrical engineers I have spoken to so far have told me to get a new generator. This just feels a bit defeatist as it is £4000 worth of generator. I agree with you that there is probably an option to fix it, just need to find the right person.

One of my factory customers use a firm that repair electrical and electronic equipment, some of their gear is obsolete and sometimes it's faster to repair than buy new. I'll see if I can look them up.

Might have to ship it there but if it's that expensive then would be worth it.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Dan Maynard said:

One of my factory customers use a firm that repair electrical and electronic equipment, some of their gear is obsolete and sometimes it's faster to repair than buy new. I'll see if I can look them up.

Might have to ship it there but if it's that expensive then would be worth it.

I have a guy like that dai and took me ages to get him on board.I put his kitchen in and he serviced all my machines and no money has ever changed hands. Good with each other 

If you look up rewinds companies local they will have a sparky who will be able to repair your genny

A 5kva will only give out 2-3kw unless you want to melt it.
A 10kva genny is a bout 1-2k on eBay.
Or...
I've mentioned this before,
My brother got the dynamo off a broken engined 10k genny and married it to a Ford Fiesta engine, on a trailer.
It's sweet[emoji106]

• Like 1