Diversifying into milling to utilise oversize timber.

arboriculturist

Nice train carriage how long did it take and what’s it going to be used for when done
It is a birthday present for wife, will be a shepherds hut to put on top of hill in field to enjoy outside time. Hugely satisfying with all your own wood, all bit oversize.. framing is 10x10cm, roofbeam is 6.1m longx 10cmx30cm. No sag there. Floorboard 30cmx4cm (planed).
Reduced cladding to 20mm, normally 25mm as shed/garage cladding. Need to take bit of workshop out as wont fit through doorway. 20190810_133201.jpeg
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bennovet said:

It is a birthday present for wife, will be a shepherds hut to put on top of hill in field to enjoy outside time. Hugely satisfying with all your own wood, all bit oversize.. framing is 10x10cm, roofbeam is 6.1m longx 10cmx30cm. No sag there. Floorboard 30cmx4cm (planed).
Reduced cladding to 20mm, normally 25mm as shed/garage cladding. Need to take bit of workshop out as wont fit through doorway. ?20190810_133201.jpeg

Looks like a little love nest to me  ?

9 hours ago, arboriculturist said:

All good advice.

Maybe I should act with caution one step at a time, don't try to run before I can walk, don't know the market etc. etc. 

Trackmet is affordable but need the genny also and a fair effort getting it all together and time.

Buy a self contained Woodlander or a Logosol petrol on trailer and test the water, Still have good re-sale value kept under cover ?

Can anyone identify the mill Anton Coaker uses,  posted by Woodworks earlier in this thread?

The problem is and I found this out once people find out you have a mill you'll be offered all sorts of deals which is how I ended up with 40 ton of Larch (2 different sites).

I've got plans when we extended the barn to have a static mill that will take lengths up to 18' but due to current economic climate that little plan has been put on hold.

I've had my Woodlands 3.5yrs, always kept undercover and is just beginning to show her age.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Forest2Furniture said:

The problem is and I found this out once people find out you have a mill you'll be offered all sorts of deals which is how I ended up with 40 ton of Larch (2 different sites).

I've got plans when we extended the barn to have a static mill that will take lengths up to 18' but due to current economic climate that little plan has been put on hold.

I've had my Woodlands 3.5yrs, always kept undercover and is just beginning to show her age.

Which static mills are on your list when you upgrade?