Diversifying into milling to utilise oversize timber.

arboriculturist

1 minute ago, Woodworks said:

For a bit of research it might be worth a nosey here 

WWW.ANTON-COAKER.CO.UK

Anton Coaker English Timber Ltd and Sherberton Farm - Dartmoor farm selling sawn green or dried timber particularly...

Totally thanks. He's been  around for ever and there is probably a message there somewhere.

I have the equipment, space, spare labour and am fairly good at promoting products. The mill is extremely low cost compared to most of our gear and the trailed 5.1m Woodlander version is attractive as I tend to change the layout here and re-levelling a small mill is a pain.

Got some nice Yew here also from Tree Surgery jobs and a heap of oversize Larch. Oh and some 30" Ash trunks.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, arboriculturist said:

Totally thanks. He's been  around for ever and there is probably a message there somewhere.

I have the equipment, space, spare labour and am fairly good at promoting products. The mill is extremely low cost compared to most of our gear and the trailed 5.1m Woodlander version is attractive as I tend to change the layout here and re-levelling a small mill is a pain.

Got some nice Yew here also from Tree Surgery jobs and a heap of oversize Larch. Oh and some 30" Ash trunks.

It certainly would be a crime for such logs to be chopped for firewood.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

You tell me, Not really needed to in the past as seem to have enough on and cut to order

Ah I think I read your post wrong.  I thought you were telling me never to buy from you.  You were saying I have never bought from you I think?  I have never bought from most local mills - if you had surplus stock to shift at wholesale prices I might well buy from you Les!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Squaredy said:

Ah I think I read your post wrong.  I thought you were telling me never to buy from you.  You were saying I have never bought from you I think?  I have never bought from most local mills - if you had surplus stock to shift at wholesale prices I might well buy from you Les!

2 minutes ago, Squaredy said:

Not a problem and always glad to help if i can