Instagram advertising - usefull or useless ?

arboriculturist

Wow, never seen Arbtalk so busy !!!

I know nothing about Instagram except that I know businesses who employ someone just to manage 'social media' - so there must be something in it.

Therefore maybe others on here will know if there is any value in ' looking into it', as a marketing tool for selling firewood.

Any replies much appreciated. ?

Yeah social media certainly works for my business.  It is a long term business though and needs regular work.  Need to come up with interesting little things to post about a few times a week.  I know several people who have failed to make it work because they leave it too long or fail to make the posts interesting.

Interesting one cause I am in the firewood business, but also social media business managing for other too. We have a instagram account but don't upload as much as I would like too as just so busy. It is a great platform and if you can tell a story, people will really buy into it. We use facebook advertising too which is a great took and we've scaled massively in last year spending maybe £150 at the most over the winter which generated a massive amount of sale for us. 

1 hour ago, Squaredy said:

Yeah social media certainly works for my business.  It is a long term business though and needs regular work.  Need to come up with interesting little things to post about a few times a week.  I know several people who have failed to make it work because they leave it too long or fail to make the posts interesting.

Ok  I'm getting the picture. Interesting = effort and to come up with regular interesting posts would take some. Not sure if I could make the time for that or have enough going on to be interesting ! It makes me realise why companies employ someone to manage their social media now. The 1st 3 replies come from 3 big hitters who over time I have developed a lot of respect for. So I shall study their media and will surely learn a lot. Quality replies 100%. ?

I’ve got it integrated into the front page of the website too so the content on the site regularly changes as I post to instagram. Try and make it interesting to you as well as others and people will engage. You won’t get much direct through it but it’s great for getting noticed and remembered. Round our way all the local businesses follow each other on insta and help support one another by recommendations etc. It’s a bit like those business networking groups but without the stupid costs and early mornings spent with irritating David Brent type wankers.

11 hours ago, Loggerman11 said:

Interesting one cause I am in the firewood business, but also social media business managing for other too. We have a instagram account but don't upload as much as I would like too as just so busy. It is a great platform and if you can tell a story, people will really buy into it. We use facebook advertising too which is a great took and we've scaled massively in last year spending maybe £150 at the most over the winter which generated a massive amount of sale for us. 

Interesting that Facebook works for you, as many Tree Surgeons say they get a lot of time wasters. However perhaps as you are selling a priced product they don't make contact if they don't like the price. I can never get people to find our Facebook business pages.

10 hours ago, Kent Arboreal said:

I’ve got it integrated into the front page of the website too so the content on the site regularly changes as I post to instagram. Try and make it interesting to you as well as others and people will engage. You won’t get much direct through it but it’s great for getting noticed and remembered. Round our way all the local businesses follow each other on insta and help support one another by recommendations etc. It’s a bit like those business networking groups but without the stupid costs and early mornings spent with irritating David Brent type wankers.

Is integrating Instagram into the front page of your Website something you can do yourself?