The Cooking Thread

AHPP

just the small one, joe junior? 

I really like look of them, hear great reports from people that have them. Mate of mine bought one, paid about £2.5k for it, all came built in to a workstation etc, cant justify that like, but hes cashed up to the gunnels and just gets what he likes, but i’ve been looking at the Joe Jr [emoji106]

2 minutes ago, Joe Newton said:

You using the snake method for keeping a sustained burn John?

Any wood chips with the charcoal?

no need with the kamado, you just fill the basket up and light the middle of it, you can control the temp really easily with the vents and that keeps a steady burn. ive had 10hrs burning with this method and still had charcoal left at the end. the pork jowl had already been cold smoked so i didn’t bother putting anything else in with it 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tried a bit of semi foraging
solomons seal
its was bitter and ended up in compost bin
Any body tried it with better results ?

Love a bit of foraging now and again. We picked some sea spinach and samphire today. It was good fried up in some olive oil and garlic.
A few weeks ago we had some wild garlic and young stinging nettles, good as well.
Never tried Solomon's Seal; won't be rushing to it based on your appraisal!