What's everyone doing?

Rough Hewn

So get on to the bank and ask about a pause.

The work will come back, life and business have never been one long upward ride, so you’ll tread water for a few months barely covering costs, you won’t be alone.

All I’m hoping for this spring/summer is to keep hold of the machines, pay the mortgage and the hired man’s salary and keep solvent. 

If I don’t die of course!

• Like 16

So you're a sole trader? You must have earned something?

Yeah, paid off a lot of bills, bought some old machinery, paid a lot of rent,insurance and a decent wage to subbies. Just earn enough to keep my 20yr old transit on the road and the wolf from the door.

Just now, aspenarb said:

Good! we can go busking for a dew sheckles Stubby :thumbup1:

Buried in the shed here, working on the mancave extension.

IMG_3039.thumb.JPG.0ea844c7096148204e032b81c34462d2.JPGIMG_3040.thumb.JPG.72aaba6e6702d127fd819bdc54b681d9.JPGIMG_3041.thumb.JPG.3e7bf5a7b6f1240969c48e5f9896c6f5.JPG

That's a serious man cave  Bob ( Its is Bob isn't it ? )  I have to step over something to get to something else all the time !

5 minutes ago, Khriss said:

You getting reborn as a Folk Rock star Mr Stubby! Wot next a Hyabusa ? K

No my biking days are over . Having been punted off my Blade the day after a track day resulting in my metal shoulder my metal knee and a box of screws holding my right lag together .  I was always put in the " fast group "  and not many faster than me . One or two but mot many . The first pic is my TTS big bore VFR 837cc Second pic is me leading the " fast group " at RAF Odium back in the day .

Honda 2.jpg

Honda.jpg

Edited by Stubby
  • Like 15
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Khriss said:

I did. Wish i hadn't now. But not struggling like many. Worst thing is deciding which track to go on next. K

we all need a plan that works, but its just sorting it all out so it does work and it cant be done in an hour or so,,

1 minute ago, spuddog0507 said:

we all need a plan that works, but its just sorting it all out so it does work and it cant be done in an hour or so,,

It will be determined by how long it lasts and how many pop their clogs, i can see a huge change in UK economy and its operations. Definate changes in taxation and property,  thankgod trees dont stop growing. K

I think I must be the only self employed guy that thinks the self employment support is OK. Seems the logical thing to do basing it on your tax return profits after all that would normally be your living and business investment money, not sure what else he could have done as basing it on each 5.5 million cases would be impossible.

Anyway....tell me more Stubby, building a Telecaster, Fender parts or a kit from ANother? Pickups??? come on, Pics and details:thumbup:

• Like 8

1 minute ago, spudulike said:

I think I must be the only self employed guy that thinks the self employment support is OK. Seems the logical thing to do basing it on your tax return profits after all that would normally be your living and business investment money, not sure what else he could have done as basing it on each 5.5 million cases would be impossible.

Anyway....tell me more Stubby, building a Telecaster, Fender parts or a kit from ANother? Pickups??? come on, Pics and details:thumbup:

Go back a few posts there is my TTS VFR . I could not load pics the other day as the site was slow .

• Like 1