What's everyone doing?

Rough Hewn

Cleaning the house.

Fencing repairs in the field at home.

Contemplating putting the tractor onto sawbench and cutting some long splits to 10 inches for a very picky customer.

I'll do it this time for him, but if he wants the same spec again he will have to pay more. What does he expect me to do the the 2 inch offcuts from 12 inch splits - find a customer who wants 2 inch logs??

Being happy the ride on mower is stuck at the dealer's workshop - I have mown the lawn twice now with the 19inch walk behind, about 2,500 metres walking each time, should help keep the flab at bay with no climbing etc!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Firewood Sat & Sun in the sunshine.  Filling the time rather than trying to find the time.  Got vented bags with perfect right angles like jenga towers now...     

..... *waits fr shower scene of Bates Motel *  K

On 29/03/2020 at 11:14, Matthew Storrs said:

Or if people want a nice coffin, why can’t you just rent one. The body is put in a bag, and then in the coffin, when cremation comes they could just lift the bag out and keep the coffin back for the next customer?

With the strange times we're now living through, that is a great idea.

On 29/03/2020 at 11:26, Woodworks said:

When choosing a coffin for mum we were going to go for wicker or cardboard one. The undertakers made a bit of a face. I asked what the problem was and they said the snag with both those options was they are not very rigid so proved very awkward to carry by pallbearers and they were problematic for cremation as they burnt too fast just leaving the body which was a problem for some reason. Anyway we went with their recommendation of a regular one

If it was a problem for the crematorium, they wouldn't allow them or would specify a wooden coffin at the time of booking. The undertakers, if they didn't have such a monopoly(thus creating lazy thinking), would develop a padded plank to sit under a cardboard or wicker coffin that would also make the carrying more comfortable for the pall bearers.

"What's important ain't the cough that carries you off, it's the coffin they carry you off in."

Hence the ridiculous ones you sometimes see. 

I think I'll specify a shipping crate and have it wheeled in on a pallet truck when the time comes. Leave the saved cash to the dog shelter.

• Like 1