What's everyone doing?

Rough Hewn

4 minutes ago, spudulike said:

I saw it, very nice....now, the guitar....come on......tell the story even if you have no pics....may be an idea for the next few months!

Not sure what the body is , might be poplar as its fairly light . neck is of " unknown origin and it still had the " paddle " head stock .  Just made the head stock into fender dimensions . Got a pair of Texas Specials to go in . These are bits I have had knocking around for some time Steve . Got a bit more time so .....

3 minutes ago, Khriss said:

It will be determined by how long it lasts and how many pop their clogs, i can see a huge change in UK economy and its operations. Definate changes in taxation and property,  thankgod trees dont stop growing. K

Not going to disagree with any of that, as thats my thoughts as well, and i think if we all  pull together as a nation when all this shit is over i for one hope and i do live in hope on this is that the UK can bounce back from this and we can be a stronger nation than before and we can jump back up the worlds top performance list from No5 to may be 2 or 3 but No1 would be even better, after all we led the world for decades in production and design, may be again, BUT Covid-19 is not over yet and no one can say when, who knows this may be the end and we will be back at the begining with Adam & Eave ? and  if Adam turns out to be from Stoke on Trent thats the END

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spuddog0507 said:

top performance list from No5 to may be 2 or 3 but No1 would be even better,

That is simply never, ever gonna happen. We are an island with less than 70 million people. We'd have to go back to colonial days to get any better than #5. That in its self is impressive. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Not sure what the body is , might be poplar as its fairly light . neck is of " unknown origin and it still had the " paddle " head stock .  Just made the head stock into fender dimensions . Got a pair of Texas Specials to go in . These are bits I have had knocking around for some time Steve . Got a bit more time so .....

Sounds good, let us know how it proceeds, should keep you busy!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Stubby said:

No my biking days are over . Having been punted off my Blade the day after a track day resulting in my metal shoulder my metal knee and a box of screws holding my right lag together .  I was always put in the " fast group "  and not many faster than me . One or two but mot many . The first pic is my TTS big bore VFR 837cc Second pic is me leading the " fast group " at RAF Odium back in the day .

Honda 2.jpg

Honda.jpg

Nice pics there Stubby,did you race?I used to race bikes(motocross)bikes have been a big part of my life

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

That is simply never, ever gonna happen. We are an island with less than 70 million people. We'd have to go back to colonial days to get any better than #5. That in its self is impressive. 

Covid-19 aint finished yet NOT one person on this planet can say what is to happen and i think as a island we may have a better success rate of beating this crisis than mainland continents !, this is just my thoughts, the only thing i can be sure about is it will all have to be paid for by us as tax payers and as Kriss said in a post above, taxation changes, but one thing the Government will need to do is raise funds fast and i will bet a substantial amount of money that there will be a speed camera around every other corner when we are through this lot, 

Just now, spuddog0507 said:

Covid-19 aint finished yet NOT one person on this planet can say what is to happen and i think as a island we may have a better success rate of beating this crisis than mainland continents !, this is just my thoughts, the only thing i can be sure about is it will all have to be paid for by us as tax payers and as Kriss said in a post above, taxation changes, but one thing the Government will need to do is raise funds fast and i will bet a substantial amount of money that there will be a speed camera around every other corner when we are through this lot, 

Correct not one person can say what is to happen. That included the UK suddenly becoming the #1 Economy in the world. :D There is absolutely nothing other than your own desire to back that claim up. We only have to go by how much of a mess the UK had made this crisis, and how we as a people respond to direction to see thats never gonna happen. Where will we get all the raw material from?

But yeh, taxation will change, globally. Yet the SE are up in arms because they are gonna be asked to help a wee bit more too, yet they are the same people that claim the NHS needs more funding. The way things are going we're gonna be dropping a rank or two, if we're lucky. 

6 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Correct not one person can say what is to happen. That included the UK suddenly becoming the #1 Economy in the world. :D There is absolutely nothing other than your own desire to back that claim up. We only have to go by how much of a mess the UK had made this crisis, and how we as a people respond to direction to see thats never gonna happen. Where will we get all the raw material from?

But yeh, taxation will change, globally. Yet the SE are up in arms because they are gonna be asked to help a wee bit more too, yet they are the same people that claim the NHS needs more funding. The way things are going we're gonna be dropping a rank or two, if we're lucky. 

We will have to wait,to see what happens but its not going to be a fairytale ending thats for sure,

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, gary112 said:

Nice pics there Stubby,did you race?I used to race bikes(motocross)bikes have been a big part of my life

Hi Gary . No not officially but yes . Everyone is " racing " on a track day !  I used to love going to Matchams Park to watch Motocross or scrambling as it was called back then ☺️

• Like 1