What's everyone doing?

Rough Hewn

I'm a one man band, sub contracting and small contracts, bit of domestic occasionally.

I've been advised by a good mate that I should sign on universal credit.

I can't express my desire strongly enough with words not to sign on.

Self employed support is a bad joke.

Can't get through to my bank or hmrc.

As I've said in another thread, I've spent over twelve years of my life building my business up, to see it all grind to a halt in a fortnight.

What's everyone else doing?

• Sad 2

Well as far as I can work out you can still go to work if it cannot be done from home so for me and my girlfriend it’s almost carrying on as normal,we are just as isolated in our workshop on our own as at home and as we make stuff to sell then there is always something that I want to make we are going to have a lot of stock when this is all over so if any of you are in a similar situation then I would just crack on ,the government help for self employed is a piss take and got to wait till fucking June just spent my small savings on a mill and a few other bits and bobs ,sign on for universal credit that’s a joke

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Building a Fender Telecaster . 

Good! we can go busking for a few sheckles Stubby :thumbup1:

Buried in the shed here, working on the mancave extension.

IMG_3039.thumb.JPG.0ea844c7096148204e032b81c34462d2.JPGIMG_3040.thumb.JPG.72aaba6e6702d127fd819bdc54b681d9.JPGIMG_3041.thumb.JPG.3e7bf5a7b6f1240969c48e5f9896c6f5.JPG

Edited by aspenarb
  • Like 6