Wood chipper issues

Bricker

Hi All

Looking for some help with a problem with this chipper - pictures below. 

Firstly, can anyone identify the make? (no ID on machine itself but Dealer sticker is there but they're shut due to COVID-19)

The feed rollers don't drive correctly.....no power to feed material to blades. Checked oil level and lever connected to linkage seems to be working in the spool block i.e. it clicks into the 3 positions. The rollers turn very slowly but as soon as you introduce a small stick....they stop.

I have a heap of work to do with this whilst lockdown continues, but this issue has me beat at the moment!!

Cheers

Guy

Image previewImage previewImage preview

Jase Hutchinson is on the case, even if we go to full lockdown and someone needs help with their chipper, Jase will do so via email at home (he does this now as well as doing stuff on here). He can be reached on  [email protected]

Bricked sent me a message and Jase will sort him out!

• Like 3

Thanks Monkey Business.......reaching full throttle comfortably. 

I will see what Jase comes through with. I don't know the service history so have gone over it with a grease gun and checked oil levels. There does appear to be some discoloured oil in the hydraulic tank and I'm wondering if someone has topped it up with the wrong oil (my research says ISO 32) so the incorrect oil could mean it's not holding/reaching pressure??. Reverse seems to work ok but clearly less oil pressure required. Might just bite the bullet and replace anyway. As to the hydraulic filter, thought I'd remove, wash with a detergent to remove oil and any debris/particles and thoroughly dry before replacing once oil has been changed.

Due to the brave new world of coronavirus, I find myself in the bizarre situation of locked down with a mountain of material to chip and at least a month to get stuck into it.............and a chipper that won't run ☹️

Best Wishes and stay safe.

• Sad 1

Theres a lot of good info already been given ? .

If the revs are around 2450 on the display then it would suggest that the programme is still correct. 

By the sound of it the hydraulic oil may be contaminated and if it's water then the pump may be on the way out but if reverse is working I would try removing the herschmann plug from the No-Stress solenoid valve to see if you then get infeed as it's energised to stop the rollers..

Sometimes in this situation it pays to bypass the solenoid from the circuit so making sure all of the pumps output goes directly to the feed rollers,  you can then get an idea as to the condition of the pump without the need for a flow meter or gauges..

Jase.

If it is the spline rollers they will turn until you put a twig into it, worth a look, it’s piss easy to pull them out, it will save you a bit of extra expense on dropping out the hydraulic oil, by the way it’s very easy to see if your oil is contaminated, just look at it, if it’s at all cloudy then that’s your problem.