Oil mixing rituals

BobG

17 minutes ago, Jack.P said:

I’m Guessing that most people here using combi cans .been having trouble recently with the husqvarna ones and the fuel spilling out all over the floor and my hands.

any one had similar problems ? In future I think I’ll just go back to aspen cans 

Husqvarna haven’t made a decent combi can in the 26 years I have been cutting. The new one is a decent design, but with one major flaw, it leaks, like all its predecessors. The rubber seals perish or get sticky and prevent the anti spill spout from working properly. I’ve had a Stihl one for 10 years, no issue. Switched to Aspen about 5 years back and have the Aspen combo can now so haven’t had this issue since.

I put the oil in after the fuel, I don't like the idea of it sat on the bottom of the can whereas if you drop it in after it disperses as you pour.

Good shake though, then I don't think it makes any real difference. Maybe it's like milk in before or after the tea?

Stihl spout on Oregon can if you want to save a few quid, they have the same thread.

• Like 1

I just do it the way I feel on the day. It makes no difference,  I always put the cap on and twist the can back and forth, whilst slowly inverting it..

I think the instructions come from some oils not dispersing as well and settling, that’s why they say before and the force of petrol helps to mix it 

1 hour ago, Jack.P said:

I’m Guessing that most people here using combi cans .been having trouble recently with the husqvarna ones and the fuel spilling out all over the floor and my hands.

any one had similar problems ? In future I think I’ll just go back to aspen cans 

The Harkie combi can is pretty good and the quick fill spout is much better quality. I am currently mostly using the Aspen filler spout which is working quite good so far, it was about £12.00 or something like that. 

No mixing as run on aspen all the time and have used husqvarna cans for about 4 years without any problems with the spouts which I put down to not using pump fuel which has been proven to degrade them. We have more issues with the oil fillers getting broken so gone into the old fashioned pore type.

• Like 1